The online racing simulator
engine movements and wheel hop
again i have other suggestion:

to have engine vibration/movements, like when u going to start a race, u rev the engine and release the clutch, the engine twists on its mountings cause some wheel hopping and vibration on the whole car.
make that and revlimiter bounce on revlimit. it will be great fun...

[]s
The cars do already do that slightly. To exaggerate the effect you can use something like LFSTweak or Mechanik to up the power, when you rev the engine you can make the car flip over with the movement!
demo cars aren't powerfull enough to show it

get S2 and watch the FZ50 roll
Use a typical roadcar suspension and the XRT is more than powerful enough for this.

He is talking about loading the chassis though which I don't think LFS does, but it does respond to engine torque causing the opposite reaction to the car.

The engine mounts and other components of the chassis need to have some elasticity applied, which is mostly what causes wheelhop to begin with (simplistically).
#5 - herki
the Turbo is powerful enough, even if it's only slighly.
But atm I think the engine is mounted to the body of the car, not the drivetrain, causing the body to move, but only affecting the wheels slightly. I would appreciate a better simulation of the drivetrain. Along with gearbox and clutch. But that may last a while until that happens
i was thinking of XFI, when i drive little fiat uno(1.0 65cv) it does a little wheel hop on hard launch...
#7 - herki
I know what you mean, but we'd need an even more complex tyre-model then...
there was a highspeed-camera video of some dragsters, where you could see that effect, iirc in general racing talk...
True enough but it's not just the tires that are responsible for that, especially in a car with normal tires (not massive sidewalls). Usually putting in stiffer engine mounts alone will alleviate wheelhop IRL. Too much play in the driveline.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :True enough but it's not just the tires that are responsible for that, especially in a car with normal tires (not massive sidewalls). Usually putting in stiffer engine mounts alone will alleviate wheelhop IRL. Too much play in the driveline.

I would have guessed it's both, the tyres and the drivetrain, but then again, I'm no expert in automobiles (yet, I'm going to the universty next spring )
You need to download LFS version U.

Then you need to download LFSTweak for version U

Then you need to make the car a longitudinal V8 in Tweak. Having the crank longitudinal will make the engine inertia roll the car in reaction. Transverse will cause the same, but only if Scawen models the primary, secondary and tertiary engine vibrations and reactions.
Quote from tristancliffe :Transverse will cause the same, but only if Scawen models the primary, secondary and tertiary engine vibrations and reactions.

Correct me if I am wrong (like you need to be told ) but doesn't that apply more so to cross plane V8's? (I mean to a truly significant degree)

... And of course other than changing the driven wheels you cannot select the orientation of the engine in LFSTweak... I know you know that I'm just clarifying.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG