The online racing simulator
Ultimate graphics settings
(19 posts, started )
I have been driving for a while now with the max in game settings all the way up to maximum quality. I have recently bought a new system with 'kisk ass' graphics, and i was wondering if there were any 'tweaks' that could be done by going into any of the files themselves to make it even better???

I am a novice when it comes to these sort of things so some help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
#2 - Jakg
what do you call "kick ass"? have you added any AA/AF?
I have 2x512 graphics cards running in SLI, with a top of the range processor. Came into a bit of money and so blew alot of it on Alienware!!!

So i was wondering if LFS had any 'hidden' graphics settings that i could activate to the max!
#4 - Jakg
Quote from CrazyBrit :I have 2x512 graphics cards running in SLI, with a top of the range processor. Came into a bit of money and so blew alot of it on Alienware!!!

So i was wondering if LFS had any 'hidden' graphics settings that i could activate to the max!

i meant model, im geussing its a nVidia 7900/7950 or ATi 1900XT then, i just asked in case you thought you had a kick ass graphics card because the monkey at PC world said you did, but if it's alienware then i think you do! If nVidia make your card ill make you a little guide, if its ATi ill do it from memory

EDIT - lemme answer your post, there are no "hidden" settings in LFS, but in the driver options there are some, and you could always add custom textures etc
It's nvidia . Wouldn't touch ATI with a barge pole after the hassle i've had with them!!

You can email it to me if it's easier. davidscuthbert@gmail.com.

Thanks for the help
#6 - Jakg
Quote from CrazyBrit :It's nvidia . Wouldn't touch ATI with a barge pole after the hassle i've had with them!!

You can email it to me if it's easier. davidscuthbert@gmail.com.

Thanks for the help

right then, here is a guide for the 90-series drivers (the latest), right hand click on the desktop>nVidia Control Panel>3D Settings, Click "Advanced View" at the top>Manage 3D settings>Program Settings, then click "Add" and find where LFS.exe is then set "Antisotropic filtering" to 16x (yes, overkill, but when you have a pc quick enough why not), and then "Antialiasing Setting" to 8xS (NOT anything higher, as they have SLi at the start because it disables SLi performence for the sake of the image quality, which is really only useful for things like the skin viewer)

Those are the basics, and as you set it up just for LFS these settings are only done when you run LFS, so to do the same for another game you do the same, to make it the default do it in "Global Settings"

Specifically for LFS, Chris_Kerry tried some settings out for another game which he finds make it look better, here they are
Quote : Antialiasing settings: 8xS
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Image settings: High quality
Color profile: Not available
Vertical sync: Manually, turned Off
Force mipmaps: None
Conformant texture clamp: On
Extension limit: Off
Trilinear optimization: Off
Anisotropic mip filter optimization: Off
Anisotropic sample optimization: Off
Gamma correct antialiasing: On
Transparency antialiasing: Supersampling
Tripple buffering: Manually, turned Off
Negative LOD bias: Clamp

This makes it look great, but another thing you can do is add custom higher res textures, skins etc, which look great and are as simple as copying a file accross, some of the best are don and kidcodeas high res skys (found here, here and here), more of the texture updates (from cars lights, brake discs, track ads, tarmac etc) can be found on the texture database

hope thats good enough (im expecting a post from someone like Joen above mine though which says the exact same thing as mine, only clearer and shorter!)

EDIT - maybe not!
#7 - joen
Quote from Jakg :(im expecting a post from someone like Joen above mine though which says the exact same thing as mine, only clearer and shorter!)

EDIT - maybe not!

But yes, I think one of the best things you can do to make LFS look even better are the high quality textures. Things like the brake disc and caliper textures make the car look so much nicer. Ofcourse you won't really see it much when driving, but it looks great in replays and movies.
Another recommendation imo would be the reflection mod by Yamakawa.
LOD's (Level of detail settings) all on max.

Track LOD reduction NO

under MISC settings;

multiplayer car draw higher

dynamic lod reduction lower

Also download the reflection mod from this topic
#9 - Jakg
Quote from MillerM :LOD's (Level of detail settings) all on max.

Track LOD reduction NO

under MISC settings;

multiplayer car draw higher

dynamic lod reduction lower

Also download the reflection mod from this topic

multiplayer car draw will put more strain on his connection, he never said what he had so thats a bad idea, and he also said he has got the best settings inside LFS and was looking for some pointers on other options
I'm so sorry...
#11 - Jakg
Quote from MillerM :I'm so sorry...

gulp, just re-read that post, sorry if i sounded a bit harsh!
If you have nVidia GFX, why dont get big and enable AFR SLI mode? Than you can get 16xS AA AFAIK. Just look into your driver settings(by the way, go to www.guru3d.com and get there 91.37 driver version - that "kick ass")

I must warn you that AFR mode can have something like a "picture lag", so test a bit after enabling that. ATi cards can do aslo something like AFR, but I dont know where to enable it and what capabilities it has......

BTW, if you cannot run LFS in SLI, there is an app that can force SLI mode for any 3D application... just use your best friend google.....
Thanks
I'm having a very annoying issue. Two things, actually. See attached screen shots.

This happens on lots of track, but is most noticeable in Blackwood because the border line appears so late.

I don't think theres any other track where the same thing happens, however the yellow pit lines before and after the pit area does the same thing - I'm not sure if it's on every track, as on some you don't need to look for them, depending on how far away next turn is - or how sharp.

Other lines throughout the track doesn't behave this way (like white lines on the edge of the road).

Same thing happens with cones and perhaps tire wall also, but they appear much much sooner though. But from an eye candy POV I would like to not do this - having LOD on max didn't have the desired effect.

Is there anything I can do about this - a driver setting perhaps?
Attached images
lfs_lines.jpg
Those lines are alpha textures, they're all in the same file, and that file's used in some way for every track. I don't know of any way of increasing the draw distance, but if there is one I'd like to know about it as well.

To the OP, here's a link to a higher-res texture project for LFS I've been working on for some time now. Most of the tracks are represented, but are in different stages of completeness. Hope to get the whole thing done sometime or other.

Also I totally recommend the reflection mods- either Darkone or Yamakawa's, and Don and Kid's high-res skies. Unseen is also working on higher-res interiors, at present the singles seaters- but there's an awesome RAC interior over here which is finished. If you like you could try your luck over at Unseen's custom steering wheel requests thread as well...

edit: oh my god, that first post was almost a year ago! (bedtime)
Quote from r4ptor :I'm having a very annoying issue. Two things, actually. See attached screen shots.

This happens on lots of track, but is most noticeable in Blackwood because the border line appears so late.

Same thing happens with cones and perhaps tire wall also, but they appear much much sooner though. But from an eye candy POV I would like to not do this - having LOD on max didn't have the desired effect.

Is there anything I can do about this - a driver setting perhaps?

I'm having this same problem, started annoying me only recently after upgrading from R9700 to HD3850. I'm not sure if I had it before. Is this what you all see or do you have stuff drawn all the time?
Quote from romus74 :I'm having this same problem, started annoying me only recently after upgrading from R9700 to HD3850. I'm not sure if I had it before. Is this what you all see or do you have stuff drawn all the time?

Holy bump tread
________
VAPOR TOWER VAPORIZER
#18 - wien
Quote from romus74 :I'm having this same problem, started annoying me only recently after upgrading from R9700 to HD3850. I'm not sure if I had it before. Is this what you all see or do you have stuff drawn all the time?

You most likely had it all the time. That's an artefact of LFS' LOD coding. Even at the highest level objects still pop fair bit. I think the lines are set to pop in closer than other objects to avoid Z-fighting in the distance. (When objects are drawn very near to the same position in 3D space, something seen with the road and the line above it, the computer can't really determine which one is "on top" and you'll see the objects start to flicker from frame to frame, or even partially within the same frame.)
bad necro!! i want to download some textures now! and these links are broken i assume and it's not in english so i couldn't tell..

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG