The online racing simulator
Mouse sensitivity
(6 posts, started )
Mouse sensitivity
Hey, i have checked the manual, and attempted a search on the forums, but have been unable to find an answer to my query. Is there any ingame option that allows you to adjust the mouse sensitivity? Or is this only able to be adjusted from windows?

Cheers in advance and great game, will be getting a lisence i reckon
The overall mouse sensitivity can only be set in windows but there are a few things you can play with in LFS that affect driving with mouse (I'm assuming that's why you're asking):

* Running a lower resolution than your desktop makes the mouse faster
* Running a high resolution than your desktop makes the mouse slower
* Reducing maximum steering lock in game makes the mouse more precise
* Try playing with Steer Centre Reduction in control options
using a higher res will slow it down, lower res will speed it up.

IF you run LFS in the SAME res as windows, drop back into windows and adjust your cursor speed. The amount of movement it takes for the cursor to go from one side of the screen to the other side will = lock to lock on the LFS steering wheel

otherwise change windows to the resolution you use LFS at. then do the same process.

steer center reduction is also a nice setting to play around with. it controls how sensitive the steering wheel is when it's centered. turn it up and it'll take more mouse movement initially to turn the wheel, but it'll speed up as you approach full lock. turn the option down/off and it'll take equal effort to turn the wheel no matter where it's at.
What those guys said.

I managed to get really sorted by reducing the windows mouse speed, the steer centre reduction and the actual steering degrees of the car itself.

I didn't know about the hi res lo res thing so even I've learnt something today.

Oh and make sure you don't have any mouse acceleration on in windows. . . that really makes a difference.
Cheers for the prompt replies, very gratefull. I have a couple of setups that have been donated and have also tried adjusting sensitivity etc.
I seem to do better with my original sensitivity, guess its what im used too lol.
Ill keep at it as its only the rear wheelers i struggle to keep on the track. Can drive the sauber better then the xtr hehe
It's worth getting used to a slower mouse speed. It helped me alot with the big rear wheelers. Reducing the cars steering degree really helps too. And like I said, make sure your windows mouse acceleration is OFF!!

If you still have problems with the Rear wheel drives let us know. There are many other things a mouser can do to help himself. Don't give up on the FZR and XRR. They can be very rewarding once you get them sorted. Try and work on making your own setups rather than getting other peoples you will learn so much more and you will be able to setup any car anywhere once you learn the basics.

Mouse sensitivity
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG