The online racing simulator
#1 - Pukyy
[LCS hosts needed restart due to known issue]
Servers just froze, most players left, those who left cannot rejoin. Whole game froze, InSim is still engageable, along with chat, but most other stuff is broken. I giv more info later

valve(scawen) please fix
Valve?
That's a completely diffent company that has not got anything to do with LFS.
The LFS server can be reset by the owner (or people that got the right to do so) using the "Hosting" tab on this forum.
Probably would've been useful to mention which server you're talking about...

i tried joining a couple of random servers and it works fine
#4 - Pukyy
Quote from Yisc[NL :;2085945"]Valve? That's a completely diffent company that has not got anything to do with...

I know, it's an old meme, just messing around with that one..

Quote :
Probably would've been useful to mention which server you're talking about...

i tried joining a couple of random servers and it works fine

LCS Cruise Server, but players are being affected, since even though they left LCS, they're still "online" on LCS, and can't join other servers, which is an issue
** Best answer **
OK now you have provided some information.

It's probably the 49.7 day bug.
yes same problem for me as pukyy in same server
Quote from Scawen :OK now you have provided some information.

is there any fix on the way for that?
#8 - Pukyy
Quote from Scawen :OK now you have provided some information.

I've contacted the server owner, no response yet, but other more regular players are saying that the server restarts daily, so it might not be the 49.7 day bug, unsure yet. I'll update when owner replies
Quote from johneysvk :is there any fix on the way for that?

One of the other problems with LFS forum is that people always ask me the same question. They seem to want their own personalised essay. It seems to me I spend so much time repeating myself that it impacts development.

For a test, I searched 49.7 to see what comes up. It's there in the search.

Quote from Pukyy :I've contacted the server owner, no response yet, but other more regular players...

I can shut it down but I'm just trying to see if I can first get any more information about it from server side.
Scawen is connecting...
Scawen failed to connect
seee this happens with everyone
OK, I see it's [LCS] Cruise Server 2

It displays symptoms of the 49.7 day bug so I've just shut it down. That should free the stuck players.

I hesitate to restart it as I don't know if InSim programs will reconnect. I'll leave that to the server owner.
Quote from Scawen :OK, I see it's [LCS] Cruise Server 2 It displays symptoms of the 49.7 day bug so...

It's happening on Server 1 as well, I'm there with another player
Where can you see that? If I search for you with "Find user online" I don't see you anywhere.
Quote from Scawen :Where can you see that? If I search for you with "Find user online" I don't see...

I was in game chatting with another person, lost connection to host now, server owner is restarting the servers, here's a screenshot
Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Scawen : insulting spam by ill-informed troll
Quote from Scawen :One of the other problems with LFS forum is that people always ask me the same...

my bad, i took your suggestion, and i see you mentioning a fix a month ago, no ETA yet though i guess?

maybe it's common knowledge to restart servers every 49 days then, since from what i understand it's not a new (found some posts from 2006) issue. This part is purely anecdotal, and but i don't recall it being this prevalent until 7E release, so i wonder if some things changed with that...
I'm trying to get the patch completed. I had hope the weekend before last, then last weekend. But I had to work on website for a couple of weeks. Now I'm trying to get the last LFS fixes done. So I hope in a week or two.

There's no point asking me for an ETA really. I'm working as fast as possible and every time I give an ETA, it doesn't happen because there;s always more stuff happening that means I can't do my work.
Quote from Scawen :I'm trying to get the patch completed. I had hope the weekend before last, then...

Thank you for taking quick action, the LCS players are plenty grateful!
Restarted from our (LCS) side aswell. Should be good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG