The online racing simulator
Texture pack style for easily modifying the look of your game
I suggest that to easily edit textures such as of tires,suits,tarmac etc rather than having to go into files and change everything separately,we can have a texture pack with all textures inside of it and we can apply it from setting in-game to change look. Thoughts?
#2 - Pukyy
Quote from HooHee :I suggest that to easily edit textures such as of tires,suits,tarmac etc rather than having to go into files and change everything separately,we can have a texture pack with all textures inside of it and we can apply it from setting in-game to change look. Thoughts?

I don't think this'd be needed, since there is an official graphics update coming(one day). Other than that, why'd you even want to change the current game's textures, I think they look fairly okay and their performance is exceptional.

To add onto this, I don't understand why people want high fidelity graphics in a racing simulator, where the driving should be the absolute upmost focus, not visual fidelity. Forza Motorsport is one example of what not to do with a "racing" game.
Quote from HooHee :I suggest that to easily edit textures such as of tires,suits,tarmac etc rather than having to go into files and change everything separately,we can have a texture pack with all textures inside of it and we can apply it from setting in-game to change look. Thoughts?

i might be missing something, but it takes about 30s extra to do this by hand, (copying files from texture pack to game directory/unzipping a file), i personally don't really see the value in adding this functionality

how often do people swap between different textures?
I see the value in wanting this, but also you can just make a copy of the dds folder and swap the name of the folder between folders, selecting which one you want to load with. LFS loads and launches so fast and the texture folder is so small i doubt this would ever be really viable
Quote from dert296 :I see the value in wanting this, but also you can just make a copy of the dds...

Sweet,didnt know that i could copy so thanks for letting me know

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG