The online racing simulator
Idea: Custom and hard to find logos.
I looked through most of the skin threads but could find this.
After talking to some mates who started skinning - when it came to sponsors and logos if they couldnt find it on brands of the world or through a good image search, for example, they either used a different one or a low quality one.
After also seeing, and posting in, this thread where decals were posted it got me thinking. In that thread the files i posted were of images that ive made for mates or ones i have made for my own skins but couldnt be found in high quality.

So what im suggesting is - Could a sticky be made for logos that are not found on brands of the world or through image searches. In it people could post the high quality logos they have created and also people could request logos/sponsors/decals if they are not able to make them themselves.
I know that there are some talented photoshop, paint shop, gimp etc users on this forum and this could help all the people who are not so good, and improve the quality of some of the skins that are made.

Anyone think this is a good idea? or shall it die in dust?
It is a good idea, but I'm afraid it'd need a few years to become a really useful resource.
I'll be giving my full support though

Good place to look and maybe request something here
#3 - Gobby
I like the idea too.
I don't think the main focus would be to become a big collection of logos that peeps could come and search through; but instead be somewhere just to come to request a hard to make logo to be made.

It would be pointless posting aload of logos that you've made, when nobody else needs them. So a request-only thread could be good. Not sure how much it would be used tho
I think the best way to handle it would be in two stickied threads. One for requests, one for final logos. All request posts should be edited with a link to the specific finished logo post so that people making a request know what has been done and what hasn't.

Otherwise, it will just get to be a big mess rather quickly.
Thanks for the reponses
I know of master skinnerz but suggested it on here as main lfs page and also can attach files on here instead of hosting them on (frankly cr*p) hosting sites. The suggestion of just a pure request one is maybe the best way to go and it could be thread like the render request thread.
I know my idea wasnt perfect but was only an idea.
I know when i was a skinning noob it was hard to find logos and seeing the thread i linked in first post made me think of the idea.
Wold be nice to see, but i think the best idea is to have a 'logo request' thread
*bump*

I know this idea originally wasn't the greatest but the idea of a logo request thread (like the render request thread), though may not be used greatly, seems more appropriate with the forum re-shuffle thats gone on.
I know the comments posted above but what about now after the re-shuffle. To me having a sticky thread of this seems a better idea now as could in this topic area (Skin help/tools/templates) as it is skin help.

Maybe its still a good idea but not worth it
i've got about 8mb's of JDM logos. hehe that's all the resource i need!
#8 - Gunn
Quote from cloudstrife676 :i've got about 8mb's of JDM logos. hehe that's all the resource i need!

This topic is about rare or hard to find logos.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG