The online racing simulator
ADDA 8A 4.2 TDI
Vehicle mod: ADDA 8A 4.2 TDI
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/D8FE4E

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :cool german sedan

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :The Adda 8a is a full-size luxury sedan manufactured and marketed by the German automaker Adda since 1994.

update :
  • new interior ( thanks bayanofmansorofisky for letting me use your oodi interior)
  • New configs ( chrome , black )
  • new lights model + wheels ( thanks nixient )
  • baked front headlight texture (thanks renarts)
Latest things to do , better sound and physics.

Shout out to Mk..

Na-na

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Good one, but can you just fix the strange rims texture? It's distracting. Big grin
It also needs a lower poly LOD2.
Quote from Evolution_R :Good one, but can you just fix the strange rims texture? It's distracting. Big grin
It also needs a lower poly LOD2.

Yes sure the wheels have baked texture but i did it wrong , and i will fix the lod 2 as well + skin mapping Smile thank you for the feedback
Hello, beautiful mod, but engine doesnt feel right, if you need, i can make it stronger, but same power. Pm me Smile
Quote from PauliusNa :Hello, beautiful mod, but engine doesnt feel right, if you need, i can make it stronger, but same power. Pm me Smile

if you can make real spec 4.2 tdi send the engine file here
well since i have told you about the engine on the publishing thread, i have actually went and made an engine in the editor, i was going to maybe try to record something send a youtube video of it here of my engine but i couldnt find the time for it, but since you said just send it here, i have attached the engine file.

well about this engine, its turbo spools around 1.6k rpm on the 6th gear but you start getting noticable acceleration around 1.5k right before it spools. it shows 790 nm at 1.9k rpm due to editor limitations, but one cool thing about these vw group diesel engines is that they do kinda make more torque than the specs indicate if they have a large flat line in the torque curve, this can be seen especially in the 3.0 tdi where one of the 450 nm versions are rated 450 nm flat for a wide region while a marine version of the same engine with same outputs is rated at 500 nm at a single point, so this can be applied to this engine too i think, the q7 has this (or mabe a different version with small edits?) engine rated at 760 nm 1800-2800 rpm iirc so i think this is not really far from realistic, it pulls around 0.03g more than it should until like 2.2k (tested with a 730 nm n/a test engine to test the torque curve i had in my mind)

also while testing, i found the factory gear ratios, im gonna paste them here

I

II

III

IV

V

VI

R

Final drive ratio std:

i hope all this helps Smile
Attached files
4.2 TDI Fixed.eng - 427.8 KB - 25 views
Oh thank you very well explained , ill update it and put credits when I have time
Very nice mod indeed, feels good at when throttling..but feel like cutting early on redline, may need more redline at 7000 like real version, overall engine tweaks.
Also needs default skin i noticed it dosent have any.
rest is pretty good, well done
its redline is right since this is a diesel engine

sssoooo i tested the update, its actually slightly underperforming compared to my rb4 test mule, so i wanna deliver a small update KEKW basically thinking that it was pulling way too hard under 2.2k, i compromised on spooling a little bit with my earlier engine (by like 50 rpm later), turns out i didnt need to do that after seeing it on the mod, so i pulled the spool back like 75 rpm and i think this will feel perfectly like i envisioned it in the beginning PauseChamp

also you mixed up the reverse with the final drive, reverse is -3.403 and the final drive is 2.895 can you please update again? Smile also thank you for including my engine in your mod peepoHappy

edit: you can also increase braking force to like 2000 nm with like 67-68% brake balance, this will improve the braking of the base setup greatly (i use 2100 nm and 66% on my setup to maximize the potential)
Attached files
4.2 TDI Fixed V2.eng - 427.8 KB - 31 views
Quote from carreragt339 :its redline is right since this is a diesel engine

yes sur will fix when i have a moment
updated
Man this mod looks so nice, inside as well as outside. Job well done!

I just have one small request. It seems the driver sits abit high in the car, is it possible you lower the model abit?

ps. also the front foglights dont seem to work?
Quote from Marty_Deslions :Man this mod looks so nice, inside as well as outside. Job well done!

I just have one small request. It seems the driver sits abit high in the car, is it possible you lower the model abit?

ps. also the front foglights dont seem to work?

will try to fix those soon as possible

ADDA 8A 4.2 TDI
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG