The online racing simulator
#1 - Pasci
Connection available but nothing works - no idea what I'm doing wrong
Hello

I'm trying the first time LFSLapper (with version 7.0.9.4 under windows).

Connection looks good to me.
Product:S3 Version:0.7E InSim Version:9
Client OK
Connecting Servers...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>list
List of servers:
RemotePort :3002
svrt ( WORK ), 127.0.0.1, 29999, ***, ./default, default_1.ini

But that's all then. In the LFSLapper.lpr file I have found MyTest() which I should use with "!test" as chat message. I did not get any error but in the other hand, nothing is shown. If I understand the function correctly, I should see in my case something like "[SVRT]pasci is testing..."

If I use the LFSLapper console and type "msg forum test", I get this message inside LFS. So the connection looks good to me.

BTW: If I quit LFSLapper, I get everytime this message. But only the current, quitting instance exist. What this message means?

Quitting LFSLapper and close all instances!
Cannot start Lapperinstance: another instance of LFSLapper is running with the same remoteport.

Thanks for any hints!
Probably you have a another LFSLapper running on the background or other insim application that is using the same Remoteport, in this case remoteport 3002.

You can simply change that by opening LFSServers.cfg in the Bin folder and change the remoteport other than 3002, for example 3003 or 4003 or whatever you like.
Do not forget to enter the ip and insimport of the lfsserver.

To establish the connection between LFSLapper and the server. You must whitelist your IP (the IP you receive from your ISP) in the hostpanel on lfs.net (Access control tab > Allow IP addresses to the InSim port)
#3 - Pasci
Thank you for your answer

Quote :You can simply change that by opening LFSServers.cfg in the Bin folder and change the remoteport other than 3002, for example 3003 or 4003 or whatever you like.

Same error with 4003... also other ports (64003 or something else). And no, there is no other instance of LFSLapper running. I verified that with the task manager. The quitting instance is the only.

But anyway - Connecting to the server with unlock access to insim (thanks for the hint) works now.

Before I'm trying to connect to a local LFS instance. My target is to build for streaming a interface like that (but with no errors; currently the solution is faulty/not perfect):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLtPLHvW4IQ

Currently I'm using the (outdated) jInSim version (yes, a Java version). But I have to implement all changes of InSim in this library myself (that's a matter of my time/resources). I was hoping that maybe I can use your LFSLapper solution for the same. Smile Could you answer, if this should by possible? (before I invest many time to try) Thanks
Its really nice that you try to build a interface for streaming purposes.

I havent see anyone using LFSLapper locally, so do not know if it actually works. Besides that, the local features like outgauges do not exist in the Lapper library.

I think its better to build a local insim with the InSim Library.

I'm sorry, that i cannot help you from here.
Quote from Bass-Driver :I havent see anyone using LFSLapper locally, so do not know if it actually works.

When the AB.nl server were running on a LFS server, I hosted Lapper from my home.
Made it connect to the correct IP address and portnumber and whitelisted my home IP address in the LFS server settings.
Worked flawless.
hmm
i think i mis understood Pasci's post.
I thought he tried to connect a LFSLapper locally instead of via multiplayer.

So he could use outgauge and other local insim packets. Which do not work via multiplayer.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG