The online racing simulator
DIY Didital Sequental Shifter and Analog Handbrake
Hi people.
I want to share with you the result of my labors. There was a desire to acquire a full-fledged shifter and handbrake with a strain gauge, but the price for such devices is quite high. Therefore, I decided to make these devices on my own, using available components.
When creating the project, I was helped by material found on the Internet:

1. Connecting analog axes to the joystick’s USB encoder - https://www.instructables.com/Zero-Delay-USB-Encoder-True-Analog-Joystick-Modifi/

2. Tenso sensor mod for T3PA pedals - https://slowlogicboy.github.io/electronics/sim%20racing/TM-T3PA-LoadCellMod/

For the manufacture of body parts I used 3mm thick steel.
I used a pipe with a diameter of 23mm as a lever.
The fasteners mostly consist of M8*50 screws for the body, and M8*100 screws for the pushers.
You will also need a power metal clamp with an M8 tightening screw.

The remaining parts are made using 3D printing.
You will also need magnets, return springs and various elastomers, selected according to your own desires. In the shifter I used springs from a tenth scale radio-controlled road model. For the handbrake I picked it up from stock.

The following electronic components were used:
USB joystick encoder - 2 pieces
Normally open reed switch PS3150 - 2 pieces
Tenso sensor with a load of 20KG - 1 piece
Signal amplifier with analog output AD623 - 1 piece

At the moment I have made the shifter; some components for the handbrake have not arrived.
Later I will add files and diagrams for manufacturing.
Attached images
IMG_20240108_152425.jpg
IMG_20240108_152440.jpg
IMG_20240108_152503.jpg
IMG_20240108_152512.jpg
Шифтер и ручник.png
The attached files contain a template for cutting out body parts, connection diagrams for both devices and an archive with a 3D model for the SketchUp program.
Attached images
Body parts.png
Handbrake wiring.png
Shifter wiring.png
Attached files
Sim handbrake and Shifter (Public).7z - 2.4 MB - 36 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG