Vista and AA+AF?
(11 posts, started )
#1 - shim
Vista and AA+AF?
just wondering how to get into me display properties (nvidia) so i can change me AA and AF settings.. cause without no AA or AF i cant stand seeing LFS look so s**t..

btw latest Nvidia drivers installed for Vista..
Attached images
blaa.JPG
I asked this question somewhere else but no one answered. What is AA+AF.
#3 - Renku
#4 - filur
Quote from nutty boy :What is AA+AF.

Anti-aliasing is a way of making an image looks softer, by first rendering the image larger (hence the x2, x4) and resizing it to the final size with some trickery to make neighbouring pixels affect each others colour, resulting in softer edges due to more gradient changes in colour between close pixels.

Anisotropic filtering is a method for enhancing surface graphics rendering, mostly noticeable on steep slopes in the distance where there's usually quite a bit of blurring and loss of detail, which AF tries to reduce.

Follow Renku's first URL to find out how to turn them on.
Thanks for that.

Can anyone help on how to turn them on.
#6 - shim
nothing bout Vista in that post Renku, cause with Vista, it aint in the same spot as 98/ME/2K/XP
#7 - filur
#8 - shim
kinda helped Filur, found the Nv panel in me system32 folder, but it only lets me use a max of 2xAF and cant set the AA at all.. dunno if this is MS or NV doin this poop
#9 - ORION
The drivers are just "basic" - no features, just "make directdraw and direct3d working". So guess what...
Vista isnt supposed to be used every day, it is only interesting for software developers who waht to test their software.
Quote from shim :just wondering how to get into me display properties (nvidia) so i can change me AA and AF settings.. cause without no AA or AF i cant stand seeing LFS look so s**t..

btw latest Nvidia drivers installed for Vista..

I got the same problem when tried to put some AA+AF for LFS on Vista.current NVIDIA drivers only allowed me to put some AF but as I remeber only about 4xAF.
I was not able to set any AA .Its not LFS issue just NVIDIA+VISTA.
the control panel may allow you to change the settings, but do they actually make any differences?

I have an ATI card, and when i was playing around with vista, and the control panel would let me set all the different features of the card, but vista wouldn't use those settings...

for an example, here is a screen capture i took in vista at 6xAA and 16xAF.
Attached images
LFS7-9-2006-12_56_14_AM.jpg

Vista and AA+AF?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG