The online racing simulator
Christmas gift: SRT to return to organizing races in LFS in 2024
Hi folks, Tankslacno, also known as Traceur, here! I have some good news for you!

(Damn it's been a long time since I've been in this subsection!)

Little background information:

For those who don't know, what is SRT. SRT stands for Sport Racing Team Finland (also known as SRT Finland). I, as a member of that team, organized over 700 races in Live for Speed from 2014 to 2019. These races were held almost every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Almost every race had this same schedule:
- 15:45 - 19:45: 4 hour qualifying, which also served as a practice
- 19:45 - 20:00: 15-minute warm-up
- 20:00: race, usually lasted about 30 minutes.
(All times are in Finnish time, UTC+2 in winter, UTC+3 in summer)

However, in May 2019, our server provider caught a force majeure situation (fire), that destroyed our servers and put organizing these races on hiatus. After two months, I decided to quit doing this altogether. We returned briefly and privately in 2021, when we organized 5th/6th season of SRT-Endurance (5th season was cancelled midway) but after that series ended, SRT had been pretty much silenced.

It's been apparent for a couple years already, that SRT's sites, which include its Finnish website (https://www.srtfinland.com/), discussion forum (https://foorumi.srtfinland.com/) and results page (http://tulokset.srtfinland.com/) really haven't served no further purpose. I was almost ready to close those sites in the beginning of next year, because it started to become too expensive to keep those sites up.

But then I managed to extend lifespan of those sites until end of August/beginning of September 2024. And with that in mind, I thought, why not? Let's make a Christmas present to all of you! And that gift is this:

SRT will return organizing races in LFS in 2024!

At least in some of those races, we will take advantage of LFS's mod system, which hasn't naturally been used in any SRT's races before.

It's not known yet, will we have those races under same system, meaning qualifying starts 15:45 Finnish time and race 20:00 Finnish time every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's been also thought we could start qualifying at 16:45 and race at 21:00.

However the basic principle stands, almost all of these races will be open to everyone (except banned people) who have a sufficient licence!

First SRT's public race in 2024 will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2024. (We will have couple private events before that.)

There is a very special reason why that date was picked. On that day, it will be a 10-year anniversary (by exact date, nonetheless!), when SRT's own discussion forum was created. I thought it would be a good idea to celebrate that with having first public race since May 2019 on that day!

Additional information:

One thing to mention: we also know that we only managed to extend that lifespan of those SRT-sites until end of August/beginning of September 2024. This means that we will most likely only organize these races until weekend of week 35 (August 30 - September 1). After that, only if I somehow manage to extend that lifespan into further future, I could held races after that.

And because of that, we will make our own version "100 Race Plan" that Alpine has had in F1. We will create 100 different races in Live for Speed next year and that's most likely it. Therefore, final races will be held in week 35.

More information about all of this will be released in the near future!

In any case, see you in next year and let's hope we all will have good races Smile

Merry Christmas!
Hi, tnx for thr update. I'm happy that you guys managed to sort things out, welcome back.

Merry Christmas.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG