The online racing simulator
Aston National and the Fz50 GTR
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Herbz
Hi there,

I'm really enjoying this track, I'm still trying to tame the last downhill chicane before the final straight however.

Does anyone have any driving or setup tips to get faster through there?

One of the problems I'm having is when coming off the brakes for the initial turn in I lose the rear, just need some tips to get maximum grip through those corners.

Thx
Quote from Herbz :Hi there,

I'm really enjoying this track, I'm still trying to tame the last downhill chicane before the final straight however.

One of the problems I'm having is when coming off the brakes for the initial turn in I lose the rear, just need some tips to get maximum grip through those corners.

Thx

Try to get on full throttle as soon as possible

Maybe you could post a replay and we then could give some pointers?
Quote from Herbz :Hi there,

Thx

If you lose the rear as you are coming off the brakes then you probably need a bit more front damping and maybe 1 or 2 clicks on the spring rate.
Try to brake a bit early and easy, turn in quite early, putting almost the whole car on the inside curbstones. At the moment you're on that curb try to get on the throttle again, easy, by the time you reach the 2nd curb, be on the throttle fully, and use that curb as much as possible too, so you dont hit the tyres in the next corner.

So; slowest point is right before you're on the 1st curb. And make the line as straight as possible.
Quote from Darkone55 :Try to brake a bit early and easy, turn in quite early, putting almost the whole car on the inside curbstones. At the moment you're on that curb try to get on the throttle again, easy, by the time you reach the 2nd curb, be on the throttle fully, and use that curb as much as possible too, so you dont hit the tyres in the next corner.

So; slowest point is right before you're on the 1st curb. And make the line as straight as possible.

Although it's worth remembering why this effect happens i.e. oversteer when coming off the brakes. As you apply the brakes the front springs and dampers compress. When you release the brakes the energy is released. The release of energy causes the front of the car to lift - most people know that. But it is also forcing the front tyres into the tarmac giving you extra front end grip - hence the oversteer. Use this to your advantage.
#6 - Herbz
Thanks all for the advice, very helpful and much appreciated
I found that decreasing the rear anti roll really helped throught the nightmare chicane. I dunno what downforce you are using but maybe you should look at upping the rear downforce slightly. Increase the rear toe-in should help the rear end stick throughout the track. I used between 3 and 4 degrees on the rear but then I was a mouser. You might be able to control 2 degrees or so if you use a wheel.

My 'system' for that corner was braking on the forth gear change light. I adjusted the forth gear length untill it came on at the point I felt the brake point was. Down to third, brake early but off the brakes to tuurn in. I found that you need to brake earlier than you thought to get the car settled and back on the power. In fact early braking was the most important issue in the entry to the chicane. I havn't played LFS for a bit now but I was running 1.42's with the new patch so I couldn't be all that bad for a mouser at least.

I think what you really need to work on is the brake point. Just try a lot earlier than your normal route through and work from there. Get that chicane right and it's amazing the seconds it gives you down the main straight.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG