The online racing simulator
Ideas needed
(88 posts, closed, started )
Ideas needed
Now IF there would be a chance for a registered demo racer to get a free S2 license, how this would be arranged?
Ofcourse, this demo racer should somehow deserve the license/have a real need & respect to it.

Would it be a lottery, competition or something completely different?

If you have some good ideas or thoughts, reveal them here and I'll be more than willing to steal them and present as my own to my bosses...
How about: Rather than having a race, which would obviously reward the fastest guy, you reward the most dedicated instead? I'll leave it to you to decide how to do that, but probably best not to mention the method you'd be using here on the forums.
Lottery is fair
#4 - kompa
Would it be on one occasion only or maybe an event say every 3 months?

To encourage good racing behaviour obviously but what are the motivators behind this if I may ask?
Fastest lap on BL1R in reverse gear.
I would make a challenge.
Something like 8 races, every week 1 race of 1 hour.

And i would give licences to:
- the best driver (most points in all races)
- the driver with most fairness (who also breaks to avoid a crash, and lose places in the races for fairness)
- most active driver (lottery at players who drove every race)

See, you would need 3 licence, min 1 demo-server, much time to organice the events.
1 lap race at BL1
last guy to cross the finish line wins
the last finisher must not take more than 15 minutes to cross the line
if so, the race is restarted

the most clever of all wins
Quote from PLAYLIFE :1 lap race at BL1
last guy to cross the finish line wins
the last finisher must not take more than 15 minutes to cross the line
if so, the race is restarted

the most clever of all wins

Great idea... NO Pitting allowed and no going speed below 10MPH and no going same direction for more than 20 secs lol
Racing event. Get a load of demo racers to sign up, in each round keep on drawing the drivers in to groups of 10 and the grid positions. Only the winners qualify for the next round.

1st round : 7 laps XFG BL1
2nd round : 12 laps XFG BL2
Quote :
How about: Rather than having a race, which would obviously reward the fastest guy, you reward the most dedicated instead? I'll leave it to you to decide how to do that, but probably best not to mention the method you'd be using here on the forums.

you could set up an endurance event with no time or lap limit. whoever racees longest gets the license. it could go on for weeks. muhahahaha. then random s2 licensed people could join and spectate for a few minutes whenever they wanted.
Quote from kompa :Would it be on one occasion only or maybe an event say every 3 months?

To encourage good racing behaviour obviously but what are the motivators behind this if I may ask?

erm... one occasion only, since this one's from my purse...
Motivators.... mm.. well, I'm just having a good mood and I'd like to share my happy feelings...

I'd rule out all racing competitions, since they are kinda hard to organize with that amount of entries.
An LFS quiz (in IRC maybe) with hard, but possible to answer as a demo racer with some background knowledge, questions. So, the winner has shown, that he actually knows sth about LFS, so he deserves the licence.
They have to write an essay about why they deserve the license and the one with the least spelling mistakes and best grammar wins.

A clear win/win situation.
Quote from AndroidXP :They have to write an essay about why they deserve the license and the one with the least spelling mistakes and best grammar wins.

A clear win/win situation.

Let's enter faster111 into it!!
:ices_rofl :Eyecrazy: :slap: :biggrinfl :static: :uglyhamme :something :tit: :huepfenic :smileyrai :
Quote from spsamsp :Let's enter faster111 into it!!

ROFL
how about you buy a g25 and have a competition for s2 players instead?
Quote from Captain Slow :ROFL
how about you buy a g25 and have a competition for s2 players instead?

Trust me, if G25 was out and i was rich - every single one of you would recieve one just because it's so amazing and i wouldn't want them to go to waste (not that they would if i didn't)!!
i agree on the essays!

so .. original lol, but it would be so interesting to see what they can come up with
So do I.

I'll help mark them.
Quote from duke_toaster :So do I.

I'll help mark them.

I'll be the supervisor to help them spell their names!
Something like a driving test for racing; Show them a series of incidents and multiple choice for who is to blame. Pad it out with other questions relating to racing etiquette etc.
A decider would probably be needed, maybe along the lines of a caption competition? "State in less than 20 words why LFS is so good"
Look up the 3 demoaccounts with the earliest registerdate on this forum ,who are still active (browsing ,no need to post) and have a poll who deserves it most.
The poll would serve to make sure if there was an ancient crasher that he wouldnt get a license.
Quote from Noccy :Look up the 3 demoaccounts with the earliest registerdate on this forum ,who are still active (browsing ,no need to post) and have a poll who deserves it most.
The poll would serve to make sure if there was an ancient crasher that he wouldnt get a license.

But this thread could go on for ages and by the time the thread is seen by many people, it could be months and the people in the poll may've become inactive again - we actually should go ahead with the essay thing for all of the demo users!!! That would be sooo cool!
Let them put some fuel in first, then set the number of laps just before the start, the last car running is the winner.
Quote from Captain Slow :you could set up an endurance event with no time or lap limit. whoever racees longest gets the license. it could go on for weeks. muhahahaha. then random s2 licensed people could join and spectate for a few minutes whenever they wanted.

+1. That would be brilliant to watch. I imagine the headlines "THIRTEEN YEAR OLD BOY STARVES IN FRONT OF COMPUTER"
Quote from spookthehamster :+1. That would be brilliant to watch. I imagine the headlines "THIRTEEN YEAR OLD BOY STARVES IN FRONT OF COMPUTER"

I would edit that a bit!! - "THIRTEEN YEAR OLD LIVE FOR SPEED (LFS) ONLINE RACING GAME DEMO USER BOY STARVES IN FRONT OF COMPUTER"

That way there wouldn't need to be a big case because as he was demo we don't care
This thread is closed

Ideas needed
(88 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG