The online racing simulator
Signature.. Sizes!
(42 posts, started )
Signature.. Sizes!
okay, quite honestly im getting kind of tired of people here with massive signatures, and i like to keep them on so i can get to links through some select few signatures, but every so often, a few people's signatures go haywire

for example, BWX has ALWAYS had a massive signature that is just rediculously large; and what makes it worse, is when people use the quote feature in their signatures, because no matter how small the quote is, it takes up like 3 lines instantly
(there is no space between this line, the quote, and next paragraph)
Quote : hi

its just rediculous, so can there be some limits to what works and what doesn't in our signatures? like.. taking out quotes for a start, people need to realize that quotes in the real world dont have giant blocks, but actually have quotation marks (") incase you've never seen one
Maybe have option everytime you enter a thread or in your CP to have view sigs off/on?
i believe we do have one, but im saying that i still use other people's signatures, its just .. there are certain sizes (like... your signature) and quotes shouldn't be allowed in signatures

edit- yes we do have an option for turning them off, its under thread options in user CP options, but thats besides the point
Quote from XCNuse :i believe we do have one, but im saying that i still use other people's signatures, its just .. there are certain sizes (like... your signature) and quotes shouldn't be allowed in signatures

Maybe put a pm through to mod and discuss a limit of however many lines allowed in sig...?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
lol your pretty much taking up all of them with that quote

atleast i use small text..

im gonna get rid of mine soon, just not sure what to put in it just yet

i'd say 4 lines works though
but then we have to be limited to font sizes, i say 1 size higher is max
Quote from XCNuse :lol your pretty much taking up all of them with that quote

atleast i use small text..

im gonna get rid of mine soon, just not sure what to put in it just yet

i'd say 4 lines works though
but then we have to be limited to font sizes, i say 1 size higher is max

I personally would limit it to 5 - right in the middle of like 1 which is 1 line and 10 which is absolutley OTT!!
Quote from spsamsp :I personally would limit it to 5 - right in the middle of like 1 which is 1 line and 10 which is absolutley OTT!!

How ever can you argue against logic like that?
Quote from the_angry_angel :How ever can you argue against logic like that?

You can't which is why I obviously have an IQ of 538 which as you should know from the highly intelligent brain signals that i have been sending out over high speed, 300 GB broadband to your internet connections, through the computer, through the mouse and keyboard and into you!!
#9 - Jakg
Quote from spsamsp :300 GB broadband

thats BIIIG broadband!

OT - if you think someones sig is big (or in my case, offensive, at least my first one was), PM them
Quote from Jakg :thats BIIIG broadband!

OT - if you think someones sig is big (or in my case, offensive, at least my first one was), PM them

They never care though otherwise they wouldnt've used that sig in the 1st place?? I always get abused when asking for something nicely
hmm not sure whether i am missing something but i have just tried to edit my signature and i get this error

"Your signature can not be longer than 1000 characters including BBCode markup."

This error pops up even if i havent made any changes to the signature and just pressed save(the sig i am using now), I have also tried deleting some lines from my signature to shorten it to see if it was the size that was causing it but nope, i click save and get that error again...

any ideas?

mad
#12 - Jakg
yeap, i get that as well, i think the limit must have been lowered and we were all above it with the tags

Thats why all my snazzy links went
Yup, I had to take to my helpful, yet still small, sig with a hacksaw.

Would it be possible for Victor to force size 1 font for all sig messages, and a maximum of 6 lines or something. That way you can have 'large' sigs with lots of info, but it barely takes up any space.
-
#14 - Jakg
the T7R links are different tho - and yes, mine is a little big, but still
-
#15 - Jakg
ah but it isnt the destination, its the journey

PS - Is their anyone but me who ISN'T in T7R?
Yeah, I have two links, but that's not really a problem is it? I mean, mine is one of the smallest sigs on the forum, and yet (used to before the reduction in size) be one of the most useful. At least I haven't got 6 double spaced lines with some pointless waffle about how many mods I've got on my FWD granny car.

Even though this is two paragraphs I'd be surprised if my sig impacts on the length of my post - it's the stuff on the left that takes up the most room. Hence 6 lines of size one test is way more than enough. I personally only need 4 max.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :But if it was twice as big it wouldn't be.

if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
-
-
I don't think 6 lines of size 1 is too much as a maximum. Bear in mind most people wouldn't use all 6 anyway

Goon (sort of):
#20 - Smax
I agree tbh, half the pointless junk that's in folk's sigs on this board wind me up, but because I don't have a bookmark for inferno I actually do use the link in Tristan's sig on the odd occasion I want it.

I'm all for links to team sites/useful community sites and a bit of humour/waffle's s'ok too, it's just that some people don't seem to apply their "common" when they're thinking about what to bombard us with next.
#21 - Jakg
mine did use to be a bit... big, but i think ive got it down to a nice useful size
Didn't realize how nice it actually is to have the sigs/avatars turned off until i turned them back on temporarily to have a quick look ...

:faint:
I think sigs are nice if they are well maintained like Tristan's (or mine ) and I don't really want to miss them, for some reason. I have them disabled on all other forums I visit, though.
Quote :At least I haven't got 6 double spaced lines with some pointless waffle about how many mods I've got on my FWD granny car.

In fairness it is actually a hairdressers car that you drive, and not really a granny wagon.

I think discretion is the better part of valor when making signiatures. If it's centre justified then it's probably too big. If it talks about penis' (and one the other day made numerous mentions to them to the point I decided to PM the user in question) or other anatomy, or acts commitable with said anatomy then it's out of order.

If a signiature expresses one of your own quotes, or another person commenting on you, that's just plain narcism and probably best not to put in a signiature.

If it's a picture, it should be an avatar. That's what the avatar is there for, why make me download two images?

I would talk more, but i'm at work and the phone is going.
Just to show you my sig, shameless self pro promotion!

I admit, I get slightly annoyed when the signature contains totally useless information, like the one with three quotes from his/her own wedding lol, and is too big.

But basically when you click that "show signatures" checkbox in you menus, you should be prepared to see some totally useless stuff too. If you want no signatures, check your options.

+1 for the 5/6 line maximum. And if we some day get signature pictures, I have one ready:
Attached images
sig.jpg

Signature.. Sizes!
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG