The online racing simulator
S3 How Much$$$
(15 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
S3 How Much$$$
Sorry if this thread doesn't belong here,
MY question is: When s3 does come out will we have to pay for it? ,
I tryed searching "s3" to no result!
it will be the same price as buying S1 or upgrading from S1 to S2.

speedfreak227
#3 - CSU1
Humm, I thought it would be more like an upgrade..
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
S2 isnt fully released, so don't expect S3 any time soon.

The stages release system isnt that clear if you're new to LFS. Basically you pay for S2 and you get all the patches, (this includes physics, content, etc. whatever the devs ordane) etc. for free until S3. You then pay for S3. You get quite a lot for you money.
#5 - CSU1
...and money well spent.
was just wondering guy's thanks
Each stage cost £12.

S1 costs £12
S2 costs £12 (but you need to pay for S1 if you haven't already)
S3 costs £12 (but you need to pay for S1 and/or S2 if you haven't already).

It IS an upgrade, but not a cheaper than the other two upgrades.

Geez, I was slow! Kev beat me AND Karl. Oh, the shame
So just to clear it up, it's 12£ addition, not 24 like S2 (this may not be clear, as stated above).

edit. tristan beated me. That is much more simpler and better way to saying it
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I wouldn mind paying double or triple the price for S3 when it comes out.

- the devs deserve it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Geez, I was slow! Kev beat me AND Karl. Oh, the shame

I would've been faster too, if it wasnt for those pesky users
Someone metioned that your upgrades are free till s3 comes out, but inst it like this: when you pay for s2/s3 you will be paying for more content and not upgrades, since a s1 user can use s2 but with s1 cars/tracks? Did i miss something bout this?
Quote from _rod_ :Someone metioned that your upgrades are free till s3 comes out, but inst it like this: when you pay for s2/s3 you will be paying for more content and not upgrades, since a s1 user can use s2 but with s1 cars/tracks? Did i miss something bout this?

Think of it that when S3 comes out and you don't buy S2 - You are using S3 graphics and physics etc with S2 features (i.e. cars and tracks) and when you buy S3 - Like when you upgrade from Demo - S1, S1 - S2 etc you unlock the features without having to dl it again...
Quote from _rod_ :Someone metioned that your upgrades are free till s3 comes out, but inst it like this: when you pay for s2/s3 you will be paying for more content and not upgrades, since a s1 user can use s2 but with s1 cars/tracks? Did i miss something bout this?

Quite correct. You are paying for more content.
Quote from kel64 :Quite correct. You are paying for more content.

As i explained
It's not just cars and tracks that are unlocked with the next license stage - some features are too. For instance, the auto skin download is only available to S2+ users, not S1 users.
Quote from MAGGOT :It's not just cars and tracks that are unlocked with the next license stage - some features are too. For instance, the auto skin download is only available to S2+ users, not S1 users.

You have a point there but by downloading S3 whilst still S2 the features in S3 will still be there but just locked as is the auto update in S2 - It's still there for demo users but just not avaliable to be used...

S3 How Much$$$
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG