The online racing simulator
DFP Brake Pedal - failing?
Just wondering if anyone with broken Logitech pedal experience can tell me if this sounds like a hardware problem:

My pedals calibrate fine - I'm getting 100% out of them according to LFS - but sometimes the brake just doesn't work at all. Like just now, at one corner I had my foot full on the brake but I got nothing, no pedal bar in LFS, no braking, mashed up nose of my car when I ploughed through the tyre barrier at 110mph. Then for the rest of the lap it was fine.

Does this sound like a faulty pedal or some sort of software glitch? I've had my DFP for about 9 months and they're revision B pedals.
Has it happened before/since? If not I'd say it was either the cable wasn't pushed on properly or your computer froze inputs for a second and didn't see that the pedal was pushed down
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Pop em open and have a look? That's what I did when I cleaned mine out. BUT, you have to make sure that the potentiometers are "zeroed" while its open, lol. Did I void my warrenty?
-
clean it out

your going to have to open them lol

either that, or replace them for free while you can, because if your warranty is over, there is no point in paying $50 for a new set of pedals

obviously its something internal, and i bet its the potentiometers aren't in their pots, that happened to me once, was a quick fix; but you still need to always clean them out, because they get so much hair and crap and junk in them that it just causes a mess in them and will most likely cause them to fail in the end
-
Send em back Kev. Thet brake pot is failing due to a bit of dirt has gotten on the contact point of the Pot itself. This is not fixable without voiding your warrenty m8.

If you was out of Warrenty, I would tell you how to fix it. basically, the dirt is getting moved around the Pot, thats why sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't

Fordie to the Rescue

Regards
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Cheers Fordie

Naay Problem :Handshake
-

DFP Brake Pedal - failing?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG