The online racing simulator
Two FFB devices together?
(12 posts, started )
Hello,

it is possible to have two devices functioning together in LFS?

I have a rumble DIY H-Shifter with two motors and Logitech MOMO Force.

Regards,
JS
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - Vain
LFS can address a single FFB-device.
LFS doesn't know how to do a H-shifter via FFB, so this isn't LFS's business and thus LFS doesn't need to be able to address it.

I use an FFB-H-gate-shifter myself and it works nicely.

Vain
I'm confused now, how can you have an FFB H-gate shifter and an FFB wheel if LFS only supports one FFB controller?

Or does LFS not recognize the joystick as a joystick, rather it recognizes it as a shifter?
#4 - Vain
You just use a different program to generate the FF-effects for the shifter. So LFS happily talks with the wheel and the second program talks to the FF-H-gate-shifter.

LFS doesn't support FFB-shifters directly. LFS just recognizes key-presses and the FFB-shifter-tool simulates these keypresses when the joystick has reaches specific positions (and additionally generates FF-effects for the shifter). That's why LFS isn't really involved in the FF-shifter-thing. LFS thinks the user presses buttons on the keyboard.

Vain
Why do you want force in your shifter? If your tranny has force when you try to change gears, you might want a new tranny.
Not force, but making the stick stay where it should, and I don't think in your car you don't have to push a little bit to get the stick into another gear, right? Who said this force would be big enough so you really had to push it around? AFAIK when you move the stick in a real car, it has a bit of resistance to it.
Quote from m374llic4 :Why do you want force in your shifter? If your tranny has force when you try to change gears, you might want a new tranny.

Have you ever changed gear in real life?
I think m374llic4 might not have been aware of how the forces are used to simulate the "gated" feeling of the shifter.

For anyone interested in making a H-shifter using a force-feed-back stick, check out FFShifter over at RSC http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=214673

I use it with a totaly unmodified MS Sidewinder FFB stick. I rarely get miss shifts and cant see myself ever going back to not using a manual shifter.
O/T: seems kinda (too?) technical to me - thread moved
Yes sir, every car i have owned is 5 speed. Perhaps because I have never used a h gate shifter for a game, I am unaware of what you are refering to : \
Quote from DratsaB :I think m374llic4 might not have been aware of how the forces are used to simulate the "gated" feeling of the shifter.

For anyone interested in making a H-shifter using a force-feed-back stick, check out FFShifter over at RSC http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=214673

I use it with a totaly unmodified MS Sidewinder FFB stick. I rarely get miss shifts and cant see myself ever going back to not using a manual shifter.

Wait a sec, so they take a regular joystick, and use it as a shifter? the eff? Hmmm....Maybe i should check in to this, because I have a few joysticks im not using D :
In my case is a DIY H-SHIFTER with two rumble motors (like PSX pad).
I have the original driver and works fine!
But in LFS one or other device works...
The only effect needed is a vibration in the SHIFTER like a real car.

How Force Dynamics get the information to works(for i.e.)?

In my case is a similar, the diference is some effects necessary to add a feeling of vibration of motor in my shifter..

The FF Shifter is other thing i read the tread (using wingmam force,..).

REGDS
JS

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG