The online racing simulator
Opened autocross track
(14 posts, started )
Opened autocross track
Maybe already dicuss but....I just had the idea to open the autocross area with the actual autocross, the skidpad and the drag strip in one track. The idea is to have a place where we can test cars in different environement without changing track and have a more all around track. I know im not a programmer but these three layout are actually in one map like shown on the official site. So maybe its just a remove barrier things to do.

Just a quick idea
Post comments
Attached images
track_map_test_area.gif
#2 - Jakg
LFS cant really have that much of an open track ATM due to the way the gfx work
As very useful it would be (extremely), it would be hard to implement. Therefore, Scawen's right it keeping this lower at the bottom of the to do list.
Quote from Jakg :LFS cant really have that much of an open track ATM due to the way the gfx work

wrong again

anyways, this was just brought up once again.. just a few weeks ago
Quote from Jakg :LFS cant really have that much of an open track ATM due to the way the gfx work

For the Autocross environment, it could be possible. There is no designated path that you need to drive like on a track. People suggesting and opened South City is where the gfx would have trouble.... unless South City was made with no driving path and just acted like one big lot.
it already is possible, I've been launched from the Autocross arena to the skid pad more that once, and everything works fine, you can drive around just like normal, the only thing it would need would be the road connecting them
#7 - Jakg
oh yeah, fogot about them already being like this! geuss the limits of pc's are more than i thought!
Quote from Tweaker :unless South City was made with no driving path and just acted like one big lot.

and thats exactly what people want, so why cant they do it?
Look at the number of buildings in South City compared to the number of buildings in the Autocross area, I think that's been the problem the whole time. I'm not really sure though.
because no one has wanted to?

thats the only reason really..

that i can think of of course; i mean they dont really have any reason to do it, because this is a racing sim you know
It would be cool to have them integrate where you could have a particular autocross layout and have drag racing going on at the same time and drive between the two events. If the current autocross modifications could also be applied to the drag racing (which seems inevitable) then melding the two with an interface wouldn't be complex. But I guess you guys are just asking to be able to use all the area for autocross layouts right?
it causes to much of a mess, and would end up in a ton of lag

in a game called continuum, i made a map and sent it to a server owner for basically that same reason (although this game is 2d top down space shooter game) it was just to much stuff going on.. owell
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It would be cool to have them integrate where you could have a particular autocross layout and have drag racing going on at the same time and drive between the two events. If the current autocross modifications could also be applied to the drag racing (which seems inevitable) then melding the two with an interface wouldn't be complex. But I guess you guys are just asking to be able to use all the area for autocross layouts right?

I was indeed just talking about an autocross layout that integrate all, but I also had the idea where u put somekind of a check point\timer on the drag line so when u pass that check point and stop before the start line, a timer start a little count(like 5 seconds and then the lights turns green(need a separate chrono here tho if u want to get your ¼mile time). Anyway the idea is there. Here are the pictures of the way to the drag skip from autocross area.
Attached images
way to drag strip+skid.JPG
alternate way to skid.JPG
alternate way to drag strip.JPG
Oh and here is the check point thing i mentioned for the visual guys
Bonus: i found this garage while going around on edit mode maybe a good reset point. Anyway...

Edit: the ciment base should be before the check point...my bad
Attached images
drag strip.JPG
garage.JPG

Opened autocross track
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG