Skin system suggestions
(3 posts, started )
Skin system suggestions
Skin size limit

For the first time ever i've encountered this, is it possible to increase the limit to say 2MB or so?
as for the file itself, it's the same 100% quality JPG export setting i used for every skin in the past.

Wonder if larger file size is due to it being a mod where cutouts take relatively large part of the skin template.

1024 vs 2048

If i'm not mistaken, the default skins for cars and mods are 1024px size, any plans to increasing this to 2048?
Similarly, i think this has been suggested, but bumping skin downloads to 1024/2048 for standard/HQ would be something that might be worth considering these days.

I am aware these suggestions would increase bandwidth and storage usage.
Attached images
Capture.JPG
I believe the standard dimensions for downloading skins in-game is 512x512 px. There's also 1024.x1024 px, but thats a service players will have to pay for to use (£1 = 2000 skin downloads)

While i do understand that the developers needs space on their servers to store these skins, i don't think that consumers should have to pay to be able to download skins for other players.

Perhaps it could be inverted:
Players that want to upload skins in the highest standard, in this case 2048x2048 px - they would have to pay if they are out of skin slots.
Quote from kristofferandersen :
Players that want to upload skins in the highest standard, in this case 2048x2048 px - they would have to pay if they are out of skin slots.

I mean, that's already how it works... you have slots, you buy extra if you run out

Skin system suggestions
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG