The online racing simulator
Mystery problem - Joystick view
(12 posts, started )
We got a real mystery here. Ponczek asked me if I got the look-function on my right thumbstick. Which I do, and it works nicely. We both use the XBox One Controller.

So we compared our view settings. Everything similar, but his camera just won't move. We got it working with mouse-look, but it's impossible to get it working with the gamepad axes. The input axes are working and shown correctly, but they seem to have no affect on the view.

Then I compared our cfg.txt files, he even used mine for a test, but no success.
He deleted all the *.con files in data/misc, rebound all the joystick axes, but still no success.

So what is going wrong here? Why does the look function not work with the gamepad?
Yes
#3 - zeeaq
Are you sure you have Joystick selected under View > Look Function?

Edit: Just saw the video. No clues really. I'd reboot and check for any driver issues.
It could be a missed bug in patch versions. Do you both use the same version of LFS?
Quote from r3zp3k7 :It could be a missed bug in patch versions. Do you both use the same version of LFS?

yes we both are on the latest patch d40
Quote from zeeaq :Are you sure you have Joystick selected under View > Look Function?

Edit: Just saw the video. No clues really. I'd reboot and check for any driver issues.

i tried different controller drivers, downloading new lfs and even a different controller, this mystery bug has been with me for a very long time
#7 - zeeaq
Quote from theponczek :i tried different controller drivers, downloading new lfs and even a different controller, this mystery bug has been with me for a very long time

Interesting problem indeed. Some of the things that I'd try:

- Assign the other analog stick to see if the issue is with both or just the right one.
- Try another controller (if you a spare one).
- Try with another (fresh) copy of LFS installation.
- Try on a different system (if you have or perhaps a friend's PC)
Quote from zeeaq :Interesting problem indeed. Some of the things that I'd try:

- Assign the other analog stick to see if the issue is with both or just the right one.
- Try another controller (if you a spare one).
- Try with another (fresh) copy of LFS installation.
- Try on a different system (if you have or perhaps a friend's PC)

Tried different axis for it, other stick or even pedals from wheel, any axis that i have doesnt work for joystick view, i dont have a way to test on a different system but i know that this option works for others,
(mostly, i saw one person had same issue as me)because i always ask if someone is using a controller, so i guess it would work on different computer
Weirdly enough when I use a controller and try to bind the look function to the right analogue stick it also doesn't work.
Quote from theponczek :i tried different controller drivers, downloading new lfs and even a different controller, this mystery bug has been with me for a very long time

Is TrackIR installed?
Quote from Scawen :Is TrackIR installed?

Yes i had OpenTrack and AItrack installed and removed it completely and now the joystick works! thank you
** Best answer **
To add some things: Ponczek already had the software uninstalled but for some reasons there were leftovers, that LFS apparently detected and tried to use.

He used this to remove the left overs:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/ri15kd/how_disable_headtracker_on_war_thunder/

Some suggestions to help others who don't come across this thread and have the problem:
How about a new option like this:

Or a informational text message when starting LFS like "Using TrackIR for head tracking".

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG