The online racing simulator
Connection Error Codes
(11 posts, started )
Connection Error Codes
Hi there

Yesterday i tried to connect to AA Demo Racing to join an Event. I was refused with a Synchronization Failure and an info in red color "JOOS - RACE". I tied it three times, then i restarted my client. Before i tried to connect again, i checked my Garage and there was a MOD Car active instead the (locally and online) last used FBM. I changed the Car and then the connect worked.

My Question is (because i could not find one) : Is there a list somehwere about this "JOOS - xyz" Codes or a way to get clientwise online infos about it, to get a clue what is wrong?

Thanks!
Quote from metoneca :Hi there

Yesterday i tried to connect to AA Demo Racing to join an Event. I was refused with a Synchronization Failure and an info in red color "JOOS - RACE". I tied it three times, then i restarted my client. Before i tried to connect again, i checked my Garage and there was a MOD Car active instead the (locally and online) last used FBM. I changed the Car and then the connect worked.

My Question is (because i could not find one) : Is there a list somehwere about this "JOOS - xyz" Codes or a way to get clientwise online infos about it, to get a clue what is wrong?

Thanks!

Can you upload screenshoot?
Yeah, we see this very common. It is probably an LFS issue. You first have to join race with the car you're sure it's available on server, then after you will have the normal choice of cars and some will be grayed out if they are not allowed.
@ ronhill_lights
Sadly not, because i was in a hurry to join the event and did not tought about doing a screenshot.

@ rane_nbg
Thanks! Even when i don't know why that MOD Car was active inside my client, it explains it. Anyway, i think in such a case a message like "JOOS - WRONG CAR" would be easier to understand for newbies.

Another player had the message "JOOS - MAIN" lately (on a different server). Is the meaning of this known too?
Those could be some deep bugs in our Airio, without access to its source code there is nothing we can do about it, unfortunately.
It doesn't matter which car you have last selected, if the car was restricted on the server you connected you are forced to choose a car from the allowed ones when you try to join or enter pits.

JOOS (join out of sync) errors are usually just lost packets because of internet connection either client-side or server-side, or a file mismatch. i'm not 100% sure either what all of them mean, but JOOS - RACE sounds like it's related to the race info you get whilst you connect, which might be just a case of the race on the server being restarted at the same time whilst your connection has gotten the previous race info which doesn't match the server's "race state" anymore, or it might be caused by the connection being unstable and/or having huge amounts of packet loss.
Nikko, the issue is that when you join server and go to a pit right away, all cars are available, or if one just joins race without even going to pit first these messages will appear, but only if it just so happens that the previously selected car is not available in the server.
Many Thanks for the help and replies so far! Thumbs up

Do this JOOS msgs itself come from AIRIO or the Server/Host because something is not in sync ?
You're welcome.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the message comes from our Airio or LFS itself. I'm more inclined to say that it's from our Airio, but I could be wrong..
JOOS messages are from LFS server,Airio has nothing to do with those.
Tnx for clearing that up for us man.

Connection Error Codes
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG