The online racing simulator
faster lap time's
(5 posts, started )
faster lap time's
I've been trying to get a 1:19 on blackwood for a long time now but I seem to cap out at high 1:20 or low 1:21 and I'm just asking for some tips because I seem to do everything right from my research and still don't understand how people get 1:11 or 1:12. I'll see if I can post a video once I've finished another session.

EDIT: Here are the videos to one of my laps one is a replay shot and the other is an FOV

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k7nqklsno8pfhqm/1.20_lap.spr/file
you can press 2 to save a replay and attach it here, it will be in data/spr or data/mpr for single and multiplayer respectively.

as a generic tip, drive proper lines, use all of the track, watch faster drivers.
also make sure to get a proper setup, the default one is not very good, you can ask people on the server or get one from here, the Zesty set is one of my favourites:

https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/FBM/BL10

edit: you can also download hotlap replays here: https://www.lfsworld.net/
I've tried out multiple different setups including the zesty one and I keep either spinning out or understeering even in the pitlane
If you can only do 1 19 in BL1 with FBM, you must be doing something very wrong. Even with the default setup a 1 15 is achievable after a few days of practice. I assume you're using a mouse for driving, try reducing the button rate for the throttle down to about 6 or 7, that should help with oversteer. Generally, you want to be very smooth with every input, think about brake points, corner entry, apex, and corner exit. Always brake in a straight line, then turn in, wait for the apex, and hit the throttle after it, try not to carry too much speed into the corner. Remember, going slower will make you faster. Pay very close attention to the sound of tire scraping, and try to minimize it, sliding = losing time.
watched the replay you attached to OP:

- 100% fuel is unneccesary, and it's just dead weight, the FBM around blackwood uses ~1.2% per lap (depends on setup)
- don't use automatic gears, shifting manually gives you much better control over the car, there were a few moments where you lost control, because the game downshifted mid corner
- i'd turn wind off for now, it adds another layer of unnecesary difficulty when you're getting to grips with the game/car
- need to work on your lines and cornering, you're entering the turns in too narrow of the line too fast, missing apexes and then compensating with too much lock and sliding wide, this causes you to be late on throttle out of corners = lost time and it also kills the front tyres, because with that much lock you're just sliding them across the surface, you can hear it.
They get overheated as a result of that which just gives you understeer and worsens the problem

Press F9 to see your tyre temps.
The first chicane and the right hander after the long straight are the biggest offenders in your replay.

you can download some hotlap replays (i posted the link above) and look at the lines people take for reference

faster lap time's
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG