The online racing simulator
Major League Team Racing : The world championships for LFS teams
Duke_toaster (League Commissioner) and Minimax (Deputy Commissioner and Media Director) present

Major League Team Racing : The World Championships for LFS Teams
  • Three drivers per team
  • Weekday racing
  • Blitz Qualifying followed by three sprint races
  • Points awarded for top-3 finishes
  • Football/Soccer style format (2 team meetings)
  • World's two best LFS teams compete in AUTOPOCALYPSE I
  • Up to 7 games in seven weeks per team
  • Intense FXR touring car racing
Instead of all teams attending the same races (like F1), this will be head to head, like a Soccer/Football league.

Each team will have one meeting against each other team in their group. Each meeting consists of the unique 3-minute Blitz Qualifying session and three sprint races. Each team has three drivers racing in one meeting out of a squad of up to six.

To ask questions post in this thread or at the MLTR official forum. To sign your team up post here.

We are also looking for
  • Commentators
  • Referees
  • Drivers who aren't in teams: if you don't have a team, feel free to post here as some of the "indie" drivers are free to lump together to race.
We will start in August/September and we will race at 7:45 pm (As of London)

The entry form is HERE, and the driver biography form is HERE.
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask
Is this project secret to OSR members because if not i'll start a topic asking for applicants (or you)

btw this is a great idea.

I make a mean commentator btw
Quote from nutty boy :Is this project secret to OSR members because if not i'll start a topic asking for applicants (or you)

To be honest, I would rather OSR not compete for this season. The reason for this is that I will be race control in most races (obviously ruling me out of driving). However, if there was an entry, it would definately be considered depending on the number of entries.
oh ok then. Secret to OSR members then. Well not secret but hey.
Also does that mean I get to be a commentator or ref.

EDIT: check your pm's on OSR forum.
Quote from nutty boy :oh ok then. Secret to OSR members then. Well not secret but hey.

Not secret at all. I will consider entries, but I'd rather not have a conflict of interests.

Quote :Also does that mean I get to be a commentator or ref.

You sure can commentate or ref

Quote : EDIT: check your pm's on OSR forum.

I have.
What does being a referee involve? Is it basically being race control?
Yeah I think it is
Quote from Leifde :What does being a referee involve? Is it basically being race control?

basicly it is basicly making sure everyone drives cleanly and running the races
What day of the week are the races going to be run and at what time?

Also I think you need a better website layout, I could make one for you if you wanted.
Quote from Leifde :What day of the week are the races going to be run and at what time?

Each team has one game a week, a game will be done each weekday and a 2nd one on fridays. 7:45 pm (UK) start.

Quote :Also I think you need a better website layout, I could make one for you if you wanted.

Yes please
This is a great idea i would love to sign up for this league
We have 12 places available guys. So apply if you want your team to be in with a chance of being crowned the world's best LFS team!
do you not need a safety car driver. (i dont mean me, i just mean you might of forgotten to ask), or do you not bother with safety cars?
Quote from Leifde :Also I think you need a better website layout, I could make one for you if you wanted.

Can you add me on MSN, I do the league website

dan@jilldenis.clara.co.uk
Quote from Captain Slow :do you not need a safety car driver. (i dont mean me, i just mean you might of forgotten to ask), or do you not bother with safety cars?

We have yellow flags and red flags, not a safety car. Sorry
Quote from minimax :Can you add me on MSN, I do the league website

dan@jilldenis.clara.co.uk

I've added you.

Quote from duke_toaster :We have yellow flags and red flags, not a safety car. Sorry

I think a safety car would be a good idea but then again it's not my league
Quote :We have yellow flags and red flags, not a safety car. Sorry

oh its ok dont worry i wasnt offering to do it, i jus noticed it wasnt there so i thought id point it out.
Quote from Leifde :I've added you.

I think a safety car would be a good idea but then again it's not my league

Saftey cars are rarely used or needed in Touring car racing, since these are 6 car races, safety cars won't be needed.
So you say yellow flag and then they drive round real slow.
Quote from nutty boy :So you say yellow flag and then they drive round real slow.

No. The yellow flag is single waved yellows i.e. No overtaking. That is all required. If a car is trapped, it will be spectated by the race control.
Still places left
Hi Guys

There are still a large number of places left in MLTR, signups are still being taken.
How many, and what teams do we have already.
We have 12 places left.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG