The online racing simulator
G15 lcd program??
(81 posts, started )
come on! I want a x compatible G15 lcd mod for Live for speed!!! :P
I would appreciate X-patch version too. I'm planning to buy G15 for christmas and this looks just great.
:bump: Insted of making a new thread I'll post it here, then maybe the insim request/app maybe...

BUT: can anyone pleeeeeease update it
I don't want it updated, seeing the current app that's public is... rather useless, seeing what's there can be seen on screen. Any G15 app is useless for games, becuase why are you looking at your keyboard, rather than at the monitor?

What'd be more useful, is an app that ran in the background, telling you if a user from a personalized list of users joined a server, because then you could go "Oh, Sam's being a sexy beast and going into Race 2, maybe I should go give him some teamly wrecks", rather than "OMG! I'M GOING 200 MPH, I'M LOOKING AT MY KEYBOARDS LITTLE LCD SCREEN RATHER THAN THE MONITOR! OH NOEZ, I'VE JUST WRECKED EVERYONE LULZ"

Just my logical 2 cents.
well it would be nice to see a 1 important thing per screen like fuel:

24%

instead of trying to read that little think on the monitor

or you can type /w f to see how much fuel you need!
your.no.fun
I sure am, it's just I find the fact that I can look at my target for information, or look down behind my input to figure out that I'm going 150 km/h?

You're.No.Fun!
What if you wanted to shift-f? you could have basic information on the little screen instead of blocking your view
#60 - troy
good news for all the g15 lcd fans in the german lfsforums -Wulle- managed to rewrite the original app by kamel so it fits the insim changes from patch X. i only tested it with x33 so far but im sure it will work fine also with lower X'es.

files you need are attached all credits to -Wulle- and kamel, i just want to make it available for non germans also

short how to in english is included in liveforg15_132.zip

original thread: http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=18290
Attached files
lcdfonts_586.zip - 79.9 KB - 255 views
liveforg15_132.zip - 202.9 KB - 246 views
Ahhh yes. Nice cheers m8.

-edit- hmmm doesnt connect in X33. it shuts down.
very important: you really need to change the path to your current installation of LFS in the file "configuration.txt" (corresponding error message should be found in LFG.log).

Another issue: The app might lose its connection when going into pits. In this case it might help to disconnect/reconnect by pressing key 3 on the g15 two times.
#63 - troy
top 3 apps for me are:

1) G15 teamspeak viewer
2) Miranda (ICQ) plugin
3) Rays Winamp plugin

You'll find them in the above mentioned forum.
Nice one Wulle !

thx for the work, i'll test it tonight

Edit : it works with X36, but it's very different from Kamel version...
Re-enabled Kamles race details page
Good news ... I re-enabled Kamels race information page and added a new feature (calculation and display of recommended refuel amount, see readme.txt for explanation).

Important: After unpacking the application, please change the path to your LFS installation in "configuration.txt", otherwise the application won't start (needs to read your current playername from the LFS config).

Attached images
g15_gauge.jpg
g15_race_details.jpg
Attached files
LiveForG15_v0.8.zip - 205.7 KB - 382 views
lcdfonts.zip - 79.9 KB - 309 views
does this work with V2?
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :does this work with V2?

Yes, it does. A racer from the german lfs forum just confirmed this. AFAIK, the V2 LCD has the same resolution but is roughly 60% smaller than the old G15.

BTW: Version 0.9.3 is available. Although this thread is in german, you should be able to understand the change history / features by reading the included readme.txt and taking a look at the screenshots ... just download "LiveForG15_vX.X" (readme.txt is included) and - if necessary - the LCD-Fonts archive and follow the installation instructions.

Link to thread on german lfs forum: http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=18290
#69 - troy
nice, i love it now i just need an easy way to unmount the lcd from the g15 and somehow glue it on the back of my wheel. ^^
Nice work Wulle
Wulle, a small issue, I'm using my G15with the app remotely (over a network), so how can I manually override the playername in the config file?
Do I understand you right that the PC connected to your G15 is not running LFS?

If this is the case:

On your LFS-PC:
- Open 'cfg.txt' in your LFS directory and find the property 'Ply Name'
- write down the value of this property (=your playername, including colorcodes) to a sheet of paper

On your G15-PC:
- Open 'configuration.txt'
- Add an xml-element <playername></playername> just below <lfsdir> and insert your playername between both tags
(you have to keep the lfsdir element, although it won't be used)

When starting LiveForG15 the application detects the given playername and will not try to read it from the cfg.txt itself.

Yes, I'm running my G15 on teamspeak/file server box beside me, and LFS on my iMac.

Works beautifully
thanks, works fine in old G15.
I could kiss you >.<

When I run it, I get the logo on my display, I press the 3rd button, then it goes back to the app I was running

What am I doing wrong?

G15 lcd program??
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG