The online racing simulator
Connection Logitec G29
(8 posts, started )
Connection Logitec G29
Hello, I have a new LG29 and it doesnt connect. The pedals however work and you can see from the picture attached that the game recognises and connects to the LG29. Upon opening the game I get error (Could not setup FF Steer Device). I have tried many of the suggested options including uninstalling LGS and LG Hub, deleting some of the hidden files following YT video, changing USB ports and restarting PC but no success. Any idea please ?
#2 - Racon
Are you on Win7? The G29 software told me I had to be on win10 or 11, but just installing the LGS alone was enough to make it work here (ver 9.02.65). There's a couple of LEDs that don't work, but all the buttons/axes are fine.
The steering is connected now and works fine when testing in Logitech G Hub, but the error still appears in LFS saying (Could not setup FF Steer Device. It seems that the game register something as it instantly goes from maximum left to maximum right as I turn the physical steering wheel. I`ve tried adjusting and calibrating everything including steering sensitivity, but the only movements it does is max left to max right
#4 - gu3st
Quote from SamGeorgev2 :The steering is connected now and works fine when testing in Logitech G Hub, but the error still appears in LFS saying (Could not setup FF Steer Device. It seems that the game register something as it instantly goes from maximum left to maximum right as I turn the physical steering wheel. I`ve tried adjusting and calibrating everything including steering sensitivity, but the only movements it does is max left to max right

Go into Windows Services (Win + R and type services.msc) and find "GameInput Runtime" and disable it.

It hijacks the FFB device and for whatever reason Logitech hasn't fixed their drivers like Thrustmaster to avoid it from happening.
thanks for the info gu3st. The wheel works jsut fine now. The problem was from the windows calibration via runmenu (joy.cpl), so everythin is fine in terms of steering and pedals. The issue I have is Force Feedback. It shows as switched on in the game but nothing comes up.

Could it be some of the services.msc you suggested. I had a look but could not find a Gameinput Runtime, it only has the Logitec GHHUB and Logitec Gaming Registry.

If anyone else can help with turnign the force feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Quote from SamGeorgev :thanks for the info gu3st. The wheel works jsut fine now. The problem was from the windows calibration via runmenu (joy.cpl), so everythin is fine in terms of steering and pedals. The issue I have is Force Feedback. It shows as switched on in the game but nothing comes up.

Could it be some of the services.msc you suggested. I had a look but could not find a Gameinput Runtime, it only has the Logitec GHHUB and Logitec Gaming Registry.

If anyone else can help with turnign the force feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

I'm also having the same problem I can't find the "GameInput Runtime" as you measured

You can make a tutorial explaining
power adapter;
i was buying new G923 and identical problem... pc detect, but without reaction whell rotation and FF ,, pedal work, diode on whell work, systen detect work, but POWER adapter destroy. i was having G27 also only change adapter (24V 1.75A) and my g923 working...first reaction you whell must by automatical calibration rotation when you put in USB connect.
Do the following steps
Download Ccleiner.
Do a clean with CC Cleiner
If possible, delete the temporary files.
Uninstall and uncheck the Logitec box to save steering wheel presets This happens at the time of uninstalling and installing Leave unchecked
Steering wheel presets
Once you've done all that, install Logitech Ghub and test it out

Connection Logitec G29
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG