The online racing simulator
Moza wheelbases?
(7 posts, started )
Moza wheelbases?
Anyone using R9 in LFS? How's the FFB like?

I'm looking to upgrade my broken G27 for either Moza R9 or CSL DD 8nm and just wondering which one would be the better wheel for me.

I always used only 15% ffb in-game and 107% from the profiler settings so I'm probably not too interested in the overall strength of the wheel per se, but how it transfers the track details into my hands. In the past I probably would've asked which one is faster but these days I'm just as interested in the overall immersion while driving.

I've heard Fanatec customer service can be a struggle and their quality control may not be the best eithee on top of that. Reading the reviews CSL DD might be a little more detailed with its ffb but honestly if the difference isn't too big I'd probably be happy to pay for the better service.
Hi, I don't own any of the 2 DD wheels you mentioned, but from what I saw over the years from many different people that use it and from reviews from youtube, it seems that Chinese MOZA is an excellent deal. Any DD you get will provide you with extremely high fidelity of FFB compared to G27, to an extent that will blow your mind Smile Because the reproduction of the FFB signal is very similar to the audio signal, some guys give the following analogy for comparison. All gear and belt-driven wheels are like an old style of the magnetic audio tape played on a handheld music box system, while a DD wheel is more like a CD played on a reasonably powerful Hi-Fi audio system.

Don't be deceived by low amounts of FFB in LFS. That is actually for most cars the maximum strength of the FFB signal that the game can send, not counting the GTi cars, which need about 35% or so for clipping. All downforce cars start to show FFB clipping already at about 10%. It's just how Scawen scaled the forces and he did it way back in the past when FFB wheels were so low-res that one had to boost FFB above the point of clipping, just to be able to feel anything at least in the range of small forces, at the expense of pretty much nonexistent details in mid and high range of forces due to severe clipping.
As a some sort of audiophile myself, that's an interesting metaphor! Pretty excited actually, though now I'm also considering the most recent release R12 after all reviews say the FFB is even sharper and feels more similar to R21 than R9 :o

Also, didn't know that about LFS FFB. Always sort of wondered if there were actually people using higher FFB in-game coz to me it starts to feel unusable after 20% lol
With the ancient microsoft sidewinder on windows 10 i had to ramp up the force to over 100% to feel anything else than the centering spring Big grin

Moza should work pretty well though and nowadays you can set FF steps and polling rate inside lfs to help smoothen things out as well

ps. sorry for never joining your disc server Big grin
Quote from nikopdr :
ps. sorry for never joining your disc server Big grin

That must've been ages ago, or maybe I was just drunk and forgotten lol
Quote from CardsetCrazy :That must've been ages ago, or maybe I was just drunk and forgotten lol

Voi olla että Adam sitä linkkiä sinne jakeli ja muistan iteki väärin Big grin
Quote from CardsetCrazy : I'm also considering the most recent release R12 after all reviews say the FFB is even sharper and feels more similar to R21 than R9 :o

Condsider Simagic Alpha Mini. It stays cooler for longer and doesn't lose strenght after long run.
Motor have itself have 13Nm but Simagic claimed 10Nm holding tq in the meantime Moza claimed 12Nm peak tq.

There's a lot of missconceptions about FFB strenght and usage of it.
All that niutometers gives more dynamic range, it's not about "I do/don't need that force" it's just allows to send more information with different forces to the driver without clipping and powerfull motors have characteristic suitable for simracing: smoothness, less tendency to oscilate due to heavier internals etc beyond that it gives more fidelity and due to acceleration it's always synchronised with virtual wheel.
Okay... The fidelity part. It means that if u will be 1:1 in the same situation 2 times, u will get 1:1 same FFB information.

Some people uses more power to fight with car and feel like Group C or F1 driver but using full power is nonsense because it gona clip.

Second missconception is setting FFB strenght. If u set 100% in driver and 20% ingame FFB u will use 100% power in some way. In most games, FFB gain changes scaling of high forces and low forces, not reduce FFB power.
Some Fanatec users change FFB strenght in profiler because Fanatec wheels have displays and it's just more comfortable to them and they think it's the same as changing FFB Gain in game. That's simply not truth.
That's the third missconception. In wheel profiler u changing dynamic range. How wide is that "window" to put FFB forces/information. More dynamic range - more information u can get.

Moza wheelbases?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG