The online racing simulator
Barriers
(9 posts, started )

Poll : Barriers

YES, post it on the suggested improvements log
NO, let me make my crappy home made curves Smile" />
Barriers
..::THIS THREAD IS FOR AUTOCROSS BARRIERS::..

When you saw barriers in the post you probably thought i was gonna say "when you hit the barrier going 10kmh you fling up in the air..." but no... I think we should have curves barriers. Lets admit it, you've see autocross layout you made, and you are not too happy about the barriers being crooked or uneven and you could never get it right, what do you think????
Well, with the style of barriers we have in the autocross arenas, there are no curved ones. Although, maybe some curved guardrail pieces (inside and outside walls) could aid some people? You run into the problem then that you are limited to the sizes that the lfs devs add to the editor.
takumi did a good job of making curved barriers with the small ones

@..ehh..notthebestracerthereis
could have given the thread the title "autocross curved barriers" lol
#4 - ajp71
Quote from XCNuse :takumi did a good job of making curved barriers with the small ones

Exactly what I was thinking, take time and you can do it neatly http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10029

Care to show me an curved tempory barrier suitable for this kind of use IRL?
I am the daddy at making curved lines. Just takes time and patience. I'm sure many others here are just as able.
what about
what about if you are a team captain, and you want to make a quick layout, howabout then...
Quote from ajp71 :
Care to show me an curved tempory barrier suitable for this kind of use IRL?

I too would like to see curved barriers that are used in RL. All I have seen are coned Auto-X courses.
In RC car racing you can get little curve radiuses that look like the curbs they use on road circuit tracks, but I don't see RC cars in LFS =P
try this

i curved it with photoshop

sorry its so small
Attached images
topview.jpg
#9 - ajp71
^^ But they don't exsist IRL and you'd still want them in different radiuses so there's really no point, just use little barrier pieces.

Barriers
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG