The online racing simulator
A good Idea
(8 posts, started )
A good Idea
Some 1 probabilly thought of this idea but here it goes, i think it would be good for the game that when racing and you have a bad crash you have to retire like F1 or any other racing in real life. I think this would be a good thing, of course you may get people who crash into other for fun and put you both out of the race but i think it could work Shrug Thumbs up Nod
I think what you are asking for is a damage model. Currently this is incomplete, but it is in there. You can soldier on with damage, and as more damage types are put into LFS there will be more cause to stop.

In F1 I think you might specifically be referring to stalling the engine, single seaters often dont have a starter motor built in, but most LFS players dont have a clutch, should they be forced to hit a clutch button when they spin and if they fail to do so they must restart the engine? If in a car with a starter anyway...

That would get a +1 for me, but otherwise what you are asking is already in partially and will be in fully.
yeah that but currently when cars are badly dammaged they can pit and join again, it could be an idea to stop that and when the car is really bad you stop altogether and wait till the next race.
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : Got the wrong end of the wrong stick
I do believe this has been suggested before.

I think you mean disabling the Shift+S command, so if someone gets his car damaged he could stroll to the pits for repairs if his car is damaged but driveable, but if the car's definately destroyed, he could stay on the gravel or just spectate, but no rejoin. This could be delicate to manage, since a wrecked car on, say, a chicane, would be dangerous.

However, if worked out, it could be a neat option to add to servers. People would be much more careful on their approach, just like IRL. Smile
For something where a car is left on track we would need proper implementation of flag rules. So, if a stricken car is left in a precarious spot, it will be removed.
i like the idea of having to wait until the next race to join after you destroy your car. But i don't like the idea of keeping that crashed car on the track. I would like to see what GT Legends does. If you hit "Esc" (which is the equivelent of "Shift+S") for any reason during a race, you are not allowed to join again until the next race starts. In LFS, i think it would encourage people to drive cleaner and also stop people from pitting-out at random times and trying to race with the leaders who are 10 laps ahead of them.
yeah i think the car should be removed because other cars could hit it and dammage the cars more.
There needs to be a system like that in GP2. If the car stops it is moved off to side of the track. If its still in a dangerous position it gets hoisted over the barriers.

A good Idea
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG