The online racing simulator
Fps drop
(10 posts, started )
Fps drop
Hello everyone. İ have a problem in the game. My pc usually gets around 60-200 fps in the server of TC City Driving. But when im in a chase game get drops for a min. Like really bad fps drops. And that fps drops kill my ride. Anyone have a idea how to fix this?
#2 - cuni
As with anything related with tech support always provide too much information (relevant), that is :
- Desktop or laptop
- Specs, CPU, GPU, RAM, Operative System version
- LFS version
I5-3317u 1.7GHZ(2.6GHZ TURBO)
NVIDIA GT740M 2GB
16GB RAM 1600MHZ
SSD
LFS 7D 0.25 Version. S3
#4 - cuni
That is a dual core CPU, not great not terrible, barely meets the LFS recommended spec :
Recommended computer requirements:
3 GHz CPU, 1024 MB memory,
3D graphics card with at least 512MB memory.
LFS is mostly CPU dependent due to its physics calculations.
A full multiplayer grid requires a fast CPU more than a fast GPU.

Before starting to dig deeper on the multiple possibilities of the fps drop I would recommend you to download a fresh LFS, install it on a new separate folder,reboot PC, open only LFS after restart and connect to the server where you experienced the issue and report back.

You did not mention if it is a laptop (should be due to CPU family) and your windows version (just type version on windows search bar and open System Information, top 2 rows gives you the OS name and Version)
As u see the cpu doesnt even use 100%
Attached images
Untitled.png
OS name:Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Its a laptop
#7 - cuni
Well if you have RivaTuner enabled you should know if the bottleneck comes from the CPU or the GPU when the drops happen (check which goes to 100%, on CPU all go to 100 or only one core ?).
If it only happens when the chase is active, we can rule out any outside variables (windows update, etc) supposing it is consistent and repeatable.

Dont forget to try the fresh install
i checked. no bottleneck actually. when i get drops cpu and usage going down like 50%. i guess the problem is about windows
cpu and gpu usage*
Check your termals. Check if LfS is streaming something from your SSD(it might have a bad controller or something that hampers the read operation), check PCIe bandwidth(On the slot where your GPU is connected).

Use MSI Afterburner and open up the graph. There you could compare the systems values. You will find the cause.

Windows scheduler is rarely the cause.
Another thing. LfS is single threaded meaning that a multi-core CPU does not increase performance. The CPU might be struggling anyways regardless what it reports in %. Its because of the cache. You have 3MB wich isnt an awfull lot but should get the job done. Unfortunately its almost impossible to benchmark cache misses.

EDIT:
Oh and check if you are using your onboard graphics(integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000) or the "High Performance"(NVIDIA GT740M 2GB) card.

Fps drop
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG