The online racing simulator
Something Wrong with Shifting Up (Free Formula Car)
So I decided to try the free Formula BMW car with my Logitech G29 I got a couple of weeks ago. Everything went alright, but there was an issue with shifting up. See, I was able to shift up without problems until gear 2. For some reason when I pressed the paddle shifter, it didn't shift up the first time and I had to sort of slam the paddle until I got to gear 3. I reached the end of gear 3 and tried to go to gear 4. I had to slam the paddle shifter about 10 times before I finally went to gear 4. After that, no matter how many times I pressed the paddle shifter, it won't go to gear 5. I know nothing is wrong with my wheel because not even 2 minutes ago, I was using some other car without any issue at all. Is something really wrong with my wheel or computer or is it the game?
Hello
You have to lift throttle in order to shift up.
** Best answer **
Exactly as the post above says - you have to lift throttle before the upshift. The reason is that FBM has sequential gearbox without ignition cut,so when you want to shift up during acceleration,the gears are locked up with each other due load and shift between gears cannot be done - you have to unload them by simply lifting throttle. Or pressing clutch,but that's not very effective and will heat the clutch up. I hope insight in the process will help more to understand.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG