The online racing simulator
Thrustmaster wheel stays left/right after collision
Hi, just bought Thrustmaster T-248 wheel. When I hit something (barrier, obstacle) and the wheel has its force- functionality on, it sometimes turns the wheel to the right/left and does not let the wheel stay at the central (if I turn the wheel to the central and release my hands the wheel goes back to left/right). Why is this happening and is there any solution for this? At the moment I just have to end the race and re-start. After re-starting, the wheel works normally. Thank you
#2 - gu3st
Because you've broken the suspension and thus the steering geometry is now out of alignment.
Quote from gu3st :Because you've broken the suspension and thus the steering geometry is now out of alignment.

How is that possible because I bought it that day, so the wheel is brand new. If the wheel is turned to the right by the wheels force functionality, I am not allowed to turn it to the left?
I don't think I broke anything other than going against the force the wheel was giving me, but surely that will not break the wheel?
** Best answer **
broke the suspension on the car, in game.

you can press f10 to check.
Quote from johneysvk :broke the suspension on the car, in game.

you can press f10 to check.

Oh *on the car*. Thank you, good to know its not my wheel broken Smile.
Quote from gu3st :Because you've broken the suspension and thus the steering geometry is now out of alignment.

Oh I think I missunderstood. So its not a fault in my wheel, just in the game car as the other replied. Thank you, good to know Smile.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG