The online racing simulator
#1 - jtr99
Differences between tyre types?
This is probably a stupid question, but here goes: I was under the impression that the different tyre brands available in LFS (EvoStar, Torro, etc) were only cosmetically different for now, but that in a future patch some real differences in performance would be introduced.

On a Westhill server yesterday, someone was fervently trying to convince me that the tyres were already different in properties like durability and grip, and that EvoStar was better than Torro for a 5 lap race, for example.

Have I missed something? Has the choice of tyre brands become functional rather than just for looks? If so, which patch brought this in? If not, how far in the future is this change expected to come?

Please note: I'm aware of the differences between road normal, road super, R1, R2, R3, R4, etc. It's alleged differences between the brands of tyres that I'm asking about.
No, he was lying.

Theres definately no differences between them except the look yet.
#3 - joen
You haven't missed anything. That person was talking out of his bottom, it's just a cosmetic feature for now.
I expect this to change quite soon though. I think it's high on the list for the next big patch.
Quote from zeugnimod :No, he was lying.

Or he was a total idiot
#5 - wark
Read my sig
#6 - joen
Evostar FTW!

#7 - jtr99
Thanks a lot guys, I feel better now!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Just don't try driving the Michelins on the oval.

lol yes you will die
Oh !! C'mon !! U get +1 Grip and +1 HP with Evostar ,

evos are the best

respect
#10 - Jakg
nein! i first use Evo's, but i'm a Torro man at heart!

Someone should make a group set changer to make all tyres in your set folder a certain make
Evostar r0x0r teh big 111111111111111one

LMAO

Seriously, I do use Evostar.
i know it's all cosmetic as of yet, but I like Cromo for Grip Racing, Torro for Rallye, and Evostar for drift... I don't know, something about it just feels right.
Torro's are cheaper.
#14 - Jakg
thats good because /me is a cheapskate!
I have a new set of Torro Road Normals around here for the GTi. 195/45/15, perfect condition, selling them for 280€.
It's aaaaalll about the Evos. Michelins on my rallyx and F1 sets, though.
Evostar all the way!!!!!
I use standard remoulds. They are dirt cheap, but only last about 3 or 4 laps

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG