The online racing simulator
ITEK Racing Comes To A End
(43 posts, started )
ITEK Racing created by me back in november 2005 has sadly came to a end. Due to alot of inactivity in the team and alot of drivers loss of interest in the game i am sadly going to close ITEK down. We were a great team while we lasted and i just wish things had of turned out better. I would like to make a post torwards other teams as well.....Alot of work goes into making these teams and all it takes to kill them in inactivity...Please be active for your team. RIP ITEK
#2 - garph
Another team going..nooooooo! Dude keep it going even if it's just you and a couple of others!
Sorry to hear about this. I think all teams suffer from this at some point, you just hope that things are greener on the otherside.

Good luck for the future.
Sorry to hear this.. Inactivity is sadly a known issue.. Cya guys on track.
Damn that is sad to hear/ read. Is the inactivity based on the last few months or just now during the holiday season? (I mean the activity of 1ST is also lower since most of our drivers are on vacation).

Anyway good luck and hope to see you all back on the tracks later on.
Three words: WTF
Didn't expect this at all... Thought ITEK was going very well lately. Might wanna give it a second thought? Some people (including myself) just don't feel like sitting behind a pc with such lovely weather outside. That, plus the fact that a lot of people are on holiday makes it a relatively inactive period for basically everyone...

Sad to hear this, good luck with whatever is next.
Quote from AppiePils :Damn that is sad to hear/ read. Is the inactivity based on the last few months or just now during the holiday season? (I mean the activity of 1ST is also lower since most of our drivers are on vacation).

Anyway good luck and hope to see you all back on the tracks later on.

Its based on alot of things....I have also thought about kicking out the members that are very inactive etc but i am such a nice guy i would not kick them lol. I would love to keep ITEK running but i dono...Mebe we will take a break or something.
Sad to read this , hope you will find a solution to continue itek, i had some good fights with you guys
#9 - ORION
Inactivity is indeed a problem but by far no reason to close a team...
We in ZT have maybe endured all problems you can think of - others (idiots) wrecking with our names and skins, people leaving to other teams, being inactive, even very thrilled discussions about joining some clan. Some people wanted to leave the team in order to "improve" (esports wise), but in the end, only the human things are important - almost all members came back to ZT after while
Or look at Tukko... he REALLY wanted to leave SCCC... good luck we made him go back just after a few hours or something

Another thing is...
Every team seems to need a real leader, who acts rather as a motivator than a "leader". He has to keep the pack together
Like a Vykos, a Fordie, a tinyk, and a B11TME
WTF :sadbanana

Very sad new indeed.

-but thx for some great racing from u ITEK guys.
Alot of you may be right about trying to keep it going but alot of you will know its hard enough trying to find more members that have the pace and are going to be online alot. If i was to keep itek running can any of you give me ideas on what i should do? I am still pretty new to running a team but i would like to know what some of you would do if it was your team? And thanks Orion you are right but all my faith is starting to run out
Quote from B11TME :Its based on alot of things....I have also thought about kicking out the members that are very inactive etc but i am such a nice guy i would not kick them lol. I would love to keep ITEK running but i dono...Mebe we will take a break or something.

Remember that you've made a name with the team. Quitting now results in the lost of a pretty well known team with a good name. Something you and your members (at least the active ones) worked hard for.
Basically you're now saying that due to you being 'a nice guy' you decide to end the whole team. I'd say kick those who are spoiling the fun for the active members in the team, conitnue with the smaller group to regain the fun you all seem to miss, and try to get some new, fresh, blood. Don't let them ruin your fun. Use the break to think things over
I'd start off with waiting till the summer holidays are over and people get their lazy asses off the beach chairs and into the desk chairs for some good old online racing nights. I'm pretty sure this inactivity is just a general, temporary thing.
Quote from traxxion :I'd start off with waiting till the summer holidays are over and people get their lazy asses off the beach chairs and into the desk chairs for some good old online racing nights. I'm pretty sure this inactivity is just a general, temporary thing.

You mebe right but the fact that is has been like this before the summber sort of kicks thats out the window. As for kicking some of the member i am giving it some thought trust me.....I dont want to let the team i worked so hard for to go down the drains but some of my members are just not helping
Quote from ORION :
Another thing is...
Every team seems to need a real leader, who acts rather as a motivator than a "leader". He has to keep the pack together
Like a Vykos, a Fordie, a tinyk, and a B11TME

I partly agree, but it also remains the responsibilty of those joing to participate. Unfortunately being an online community makes people less involved/ responsible than they would be irl (although there are enough exceptions).
In 1ST for instance we have 'future' discussions were everybody can add their thoughts and views about what they would like to do racewise and/or like to see change within the team.
Another thing is arranging a meeting irl. Knowing each other irl, and not just computerwise increases the teamfeeling and the responsibilities towards the team. Even tho an irl meeting might be hard to arrange (for instance our members are from different countries) it still will give a boost to the whole team.
You might also consider to talk to those inactive, ask them what the reason is, what their future plans are with regard to the team. If they cannot or don't answer: the removed of inactive members. See it like part of your body (read it as the team) is dead, a arm (read as inactive members) for instance, if you don't amputate that arm eventually your whole body will die (the total team will be nullified - basically this is the point your at now). Although it seems hard to do so it is an essential part of managing a team.

I'd say look at yourself -what do you want - and look and talk to those who are still active - what do they want. Then decide what to do best, a decision you can make by yourself or together with your active teammembers.
I'm talking with b11 now..maybe not all is lost..it just can't be that bad :/
Sad Sad Sad
Aaah really sad man.

ITEK was imo one of the coolest teams to race against.
Some of you guys are making it really hard for me to say good bye
You guys think i should give it another go?
I don't think that is for us to decide.
Keith,

You have the drive to keep ITEK alive. Things like this come and go, especially inactivity, and doubly espically this time of year. Its holiday season, Uni Leavers, BBQ's, Parties, all these keep people away. Its just one of those things that you have to deal with in the best possible way.

Keith, ITEK is no different to T7R. We are experiencing (Or me I should say ) inactivity, as I am just really busy at home. When I do get 30mins spare to have a race or 2, its usally so late, that nobody else is online.

Stick with it Keith, it will come good. When the nights are long and cold, not many people would venture out, and would prefer to stay in.

ITEK is a strong team. it will stay.

Regards

Fordie

@Orion - Cheers
#22 - Vain
Make that out yourelf. Look back and decide wether you know what went wrong and what measures you'll take to make it better. If you then feel that it'll work better on a second try, then try it.
But take your time. Decide next week wether there is a come back or not. Wait until you are really clear about all problems and solutions.

You shouldn't let others decide that for you. That'll end up in exactly the same problems that you are facing now and just create more frustration than there already is.

Vain
I can't say more than on icq today. I know u will make right decision whatever it will be. Good luck.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
All you guys have been great....I did not know so many of you knew of us and some of the comments are really really nice and thats the sort of rep i always wanted with the team. You guys have made me change my mind for what i want with itek. I am going to try my best and keep itek alive and i am going to take onboard alot of what you guys said and think. I hope you all cross your fingers and hope that itek will stay alive because this is the last hope for the team.
Good to read B11tme!! Good luck changing the team.

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG