The online racing simulator
What's up with that Locked Diff again ??
hi ,

even after the last physic updates , i keep noticing a lotta setups having that locked diff. i mean as before u know.. is that diff exploit issue is solved or not yet ?
IIRC its still a WIP, but I don't think Scawen has any plans to look at it until at least the next in-compatible patch.

I think this was discussed more thoroughly in another thread, ill go see....

try here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5135
Scawen should just remove the whole locked diff. "Quick" fix.
that would be quite stupid, he "just" has to code the clutch pack illepall
#5 - axus
A locked diff shouldn't be too difficult to simulate. I should expect the problem is in the clutch pack or more specifically - its lack of a preload setting.
Hybrids are back too
#7 - axus
Quote from ChristijaNL :Hybrids are back too

That's not necessarily unrealistic - they are softer compound... so for longitudinal acceleration (braking, corner exit), they are better. As long as their temps are kept in check... they also have a softer tread and sidewall rigidity I imagine so they aren't that great for just cornering though.
what's up with the diff?

nothing, works as it should.
#9 - axus
Quote from KiDCoDEa :what's up with the diff?

nothing, works as it should.

That's BS, kid.
#10 - Don
i dont know anything about how this stuff works, but i know that some people in czech "manually" lock their diffs on their FWD skodas and say its cool and faster
#11 - axus
Quote from Don :i dont know anything about how this stuff works, but i know that some people in czech "manually" lock their diffs on their FWD skodas and say its cool and faster

Locked will usually be fast than open. It shouldn't be fsater than LSD though. I'm not saying that the Locked diff's behaviour is wrong but that the LSD should have another setting before it actually works. And I'd like to see Torsen diffs implemented - Raceabout runs on it IRL so we should have that methinks.

And an old-school rally race-car (Audi S1 style) with Torsen diffs everywhere (unlike modern Quattro).
Locked diffs are really weird on the FWD cars.... handbrake not working :X
Still gotta test the solid axle I got for my RC car
Quote from axus :That's BS, kid.

Then its Scawen approved (tm) BS.

If you know how a simple locked diff works, then prove to us all interested in the matter, using replays and analysers or whatever fits, where exactly is lfs outputing erroneous wheel rotation at the axle, for a locked diff. If you or anyone can, there's a candy after that, and my gratitude for making lfs better.
Quote from ORION :Still gotta test the solid axle I got for my RC car

Won't that cause it to hop in corners?
Quote from axus :I'm not saying that the Locked diff's behaviour is wrong .

but when i say its correct then its BS according to you.
interesting
#16 - axus
Quote from KiDCoDEa :but when i say its right then its BS.
interesting

Read my WHOLE post - something you need to learn to do.
I read, and still seems, your talking out of your ass and contradicting people as a sport, even when u agree with them and you still have the nerve to say that its others that should learn how to read your posts?
#18 - axus
Quote from KiDCoDEa :I read, and still seems, your talking out of your ass and contradicting people as a sport, even when u agree with them and you still have the nerve to say that its others that should learn how to read your posts?

You said that the diff works exactly as it should. I say it doesn't because its incomplete.

There's a difference to saying that its completely wrong and to saying that certain aspects lack, but what is there functions fine.
I said "nothing. the diff works as it should." in a thread asking a question about "what's up with locked diff?".

You said thats BS.

So i'm still waiting to see where the locked diff output at axle is wrong or as u now say, incomplete.
And something tells me you arent interested in backing your claims...
Calm down guys.Why it has always to turn into something else with background meaning between the lines.
#21 - axus
Quote from KiDCoDEa :I said "nothing. the diff works as it should." in a thread asking a question about "what's up with locked diff?".

You said thats BS.

So i'm still waiting to see where the locked diff output at axle is wrong or as u now say, incomplete.
And something tells me you arent interested in backing your claims...

Seems like I've been talking out of my ass indeed - I was refering to the clutch pack, whilst you were talking about the locked diff. Please accept my appologies.
np, apologies accepted.
rock on.
Could the Lack of Torsen Diff's be the reason the RAC is so hard to drive?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I love the RAC, there are just no "Easy To Drive" sets per say, they are all uber unstable WR sets.
Axus - how can locked diffs be wrong? All you do (which LFS does) is ensure that the wheel speeds on that axle are the same at all times? I can understand it when people say the clutch pack is incomplete, but a locked diff seems one of the simplest things in the world to program...

(not being rude, I'm genuinely asking how you think a locked diff can be 'wrong').

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG