The online racing simulator
FIXED setup races on LFS??
(30 posts, started )
Quote from gu3st :This is a 14 year old blog post.

Big grin It's true.This is how we measure the delay of LFS on the issue of fixed setups.
The pangs of time have not damaged the content of the post Tilt
It's a good idea, demo servers could very much benefit from this. If it ever gets realized, I just ask to leave the wiggle room for adjusting the steer lock and brake pressure, as this has to be user optimized for every controller type - keyboard, mouse, gamepad, joystick, or wheel.

One curiosity though. How do we agree on which setup to choose as a "fixed one"? Smile Could be fun to have a poll or a voting system for it some day.
mikke set
Quote from rane_nbg :How do we agree on which setup to choose as a "fixed one"?

I see 2 options on this one:
1 - server side enforcement (server owner/admin sets required limitations in server options/config)
2 - mod side limitation (mod creator selects what settings are changable and what are fixed)
To test the potential of the idea, it would be enough for the mod system to allow the appropriate limitations. And then only allow cars with the fixed configuration on a server.
Of course, it would be necessary to communicate a little outside this forum on this new type of races on LFS. Otherwise, these races will fill up with the usual racers, to the detriment of other LFS servers. It would be possible to do the same thing in demo.

For the choice of the setup, it is not very difficult to find better setups than the default setup Big grin. The choice is up to (I think) the modder, who can also submit his choice to the community.

IMHO, fixed setups would bring more solutions than problems. Maybe I'm wrong ? But I don't see any downsides.
It's just that Scawen needs to implement a throttling option. A priori, it doesn't look super complicated (even if things are often more complicated than it seems at the time of coding)

Quote from Yasso7up :I opened this thread to see what people thinks about fixed setup events.
My idea to implement this feature is simple: On server options a "Force fixed setup" option. Must be fun to see drivers fighting on track with same setup, means its all about the driver, and not the setup. In LFS a perfect setup brings a enormous advantage IMO. Also few sims have this feature. Maybe it's time for lfs aswell Smile

Smile Could you possibly please add a poll to your thread to check the popularity of fixed configuration races on the forum?

FIXED setup races on LFS??
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG