Quote from superlame :You can rotate points. Select the points you want, click L / R / T / B so you enter the special view mode. Hold CTRL and you have R button. Slide that R and you rotate.

I Don't know if you meant, that's what I understood from your comment.

I hope he does know that. If not then that is important to know. Thumbs up

I think maybe he meant in 3D (perspective view). It is harder to code in perspective view as it's not clear which axis to use for rotation.

There are also the rotated 2D views in which rotate works. Press L/R/F/B then CTRL/SHIFT+arrow keys. Then hold CTRL to see the R button.
A few more requests are done in D10. I had to release a fix so thought I'd do a few things I could easily do in half an hour.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :like duplicate points/triangles (maybe CTRL+D) and flip triangles (CTRL+F).

Quote from kenblock30 :...shortcuts for functions like extrude, duplicate points or fuse to green?

I've now added CTRL+D for duplicate points / triangles

Quote from Eric :...clicking SHIFT+P to select connected triangles/polygons. Clicking SHIFT+P again will select connected points again...

SHIFT+P: select connected triangles / select selection's points

Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :Remove the selection of points on the middle mouse button.

I've disabled middle button to select points. I wondered about removing right button too, but didn't change that.

D10: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102626
Quote from superlame :You can rotate points. Select the points you want, click L / R / T / B so you enter the special view mode. Hold CTRL and you have R button. Slide that R and you rotate.

I Don't know if you meant, that's what I understood from your comment.

Oh, thanx for that tip.
I even used it once but forgot.Big grin
please
new shorcuts works rad. Maybe an extrude one? SHIFT + E or SHIFT + D since they're pretty handy. The save shortcut that eric suggested would be cool too.
Quote from Facu23 :new shorcuts works rad. Maybe an extrude one? SHIFT + E or SHIFT + D since they're pretty handy. The save shortcut that eric suggested would be cool too.

I thought about extending CTRL+D (duplicate selected) to other screens like mapping/cutout/page
Also CTRL+N for a NEW point/mapping/cutout/page

I was also thinking about Extrude (that you and r3zp3k7 mentioned) and Flip. I understand people use extrude a lot so SHIFT+E could work for that? Or should it just be plain 'E' ?

Why I say "SHIFT" in this case and not "CTRL": CTRL+key I try to reserve for universal functions that work across the whole of LFS (or many editors in LFS). Operations that are more specific to one particular editor should have SHIFT+key or plain key presses.

About FLIP I wondered if there should be an option to flip the triangles after an extrude, as it's easy to confuse the inside/outside options. If you have points selected (instead of triangles) it could flip the triangles that are connected to the selected points. This way, I think FLIP would work as expected after an extrude. I'm not sure which key to use. F is front view and SHIFT+F hides buttons. Maybe CTRL+F, but that seems like it might have a more system wide use? Any other suggestions for FLIP? What is the key if there is a similar operation in another editor like Blender?

EDIT: Final question for the morning, kenblock30 mentioned a key for "fuse to green". It's another 'F' Ya right but F isn't really available for that so thought I'd ask if there is such a function in Blender and which key it uses? Not that we have to copy Blender but it can be a good idea to use the same keys when possible.

P.S. before anyone starts complaining that I am not focussing on tyre physics, I have been working on tyre physics this week and making some progress. But in fact that is a process of doing things and chewing on it a bit, coming up with something to try the next day etc. I can't just work 24-7 on tyre physics. So to do the odd editor function is great for mod creators and can help Eric too.
@Scawen It would be very.. Very handy if there's also copy/paste and or a duplicate
point shortcuts
Shift D = Duplicate selected points

-Also the ability to add intake restriction for a setup inside of lfs editor
-Increase the maximum pages can be added in spokes editor (at least 2)
-The ability to type in the values in engine editor (type both value and at what rpm) instead of playing around with sliders.
-Ability to choose amount of passengers and their location in the back seat (left/right)
Sorry for replying a bit late, I was away for some days

Quote from Scawen :I thought about extending CTRL+D (duplicate selected) to other screens like mapping/cutout/page
Also CTRL+N for a NEW point/mapping/cutout/page

I was also thinking about Extrude (that you and r3zp3k7 mentioned) and Flip. I understand people use extrude a lot so SHIFT+E could work for that? Or should it just be plain 'E' ?

For me, a plain E should be better.

Quote from Scawen :
About FLIP I wondered if there should be an option to flip the triangles after an extrude, as it's easy to confuse the inside/outside options. If you have points selected (instead of triangles) it could flip the triangles that are connected to the selected points. This way, I think FLIP would work as expected after an extrude. I'm not sure which key to use. F is front view and SHIFT+F hides buttons. Maybe CTRL+F, but that seems like it might have a more system wide use? Any other suggestions for FLIP? What is the key if there is a similar operation in another editor like Blender?

Maybe a plain W ? it's beside the E (for extrude) in keyboard and would be easy to work with it

Quote from Scawen :
EDIT: Final question for the morning, kenblock30 mentioned a key for "fuse to green". It's another 'F' Ya right but F isn't really available for that so thought I'd ask if there is such a function in Blender and which key it uses? Not that we have to copy Blender but it can be a good idea to use the same keys when possible.

Idk on blender but as some random keys, I'll vote for shift G Smile
A common set of functions I use is hide/unhide selected/unselected points or triangles. I was going to suggest shortcuts with H, which align with those in Blender, but then I realized they're already used for the chat history in LFS. Frown Maybe X for "exclude"?

X - hide selected
SHIFT+X - hide unselected (this is already bound to "Exit modeller" but that could be replaced since Esc does almost the same)
ALT+X - unhide all

Then it would be cool to have shortcuts to switch between editing modes (subob, tri, point etc.). I see there are shortcuts for mapping mode and cutout mode, so the rest could follow that pattern:

SHIFT+S - subob
SHIFT+T - tri
SHIFT+P - point
SHIFT+B - build
SHIFT+M - map (done)
SHIFT+C - cutout (done)
SHIFT+G - page
SHIFT+V - view

Or, it could be just pressing numbers 1 to 8 in the same order as the top left buttons (or ALT+number), to save these Shift + keys for some other functions?
I can't work much on Wednesday to Friday this week, so thought I'd do a quick update.

I've done Flame's suggestions above.

They should all be visible in the tooltips text.
D12: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102626

NOTE: To allow ALT+key in editors, I've enabled sending keys to the focus process while ALT is held down. This was not normally done before. I hope this doesn't affect anything else such as any Windows shortcuts. I guess not but why has this always been disabled in LFS, I don't know. I've only enabled ALT+key for A to Z keys. Currently only used for ALT+X (unhide all).

I'm still considering extrude, flip, fuse to green.
kenblock30 has suggested E/W/SHIFT+G for them.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2036146#post2036146
Or maybe with editor curbs?
Can we have a shortcut that hides the red lines for "bad normal"?
Quote from superlame :Can we have a shortcut that hides the red lines for "bad normal"?

Better 'automatically fix them' shortcut, instead of hiding. Big grin
Quote from superlame :Can we have a shortcut that hides the red lines for "bad normal"?

Yesss please! It is so annoying.Dead banana
Quote from Evolution_R :Better 'automatically fix them' shortcut, instead of hiding. Big grin

Is there a way to automatically fix them?

What are the main causes of the bad normals? I thought usually they are caused by things like two triangles built on the same points facing opposite directions, with the same smoothing group (a modelling mistake). But I realise these probably come up most often when you import a mesh not built in LFS editor. Are there other causes, such as degenerate triangles? Or multiple points in the same location, so a triangle has an edge with zero width?

I don't much like the idea of removing the warning. Ideally you should fix the issue instead. I suppose you find it hard sometimes to identify the faulty triangles that are causing bad normals? I think in some situations it's not that easy for me to identify the reason in code. So that's why I'm asking if you know some ways these commonly come up, in case I can do an auto repair or some other kind of helper function.
In my case bad normals happen when points are too close to each other, moving the point a bit fixes it.

Fixing it is important I agree but I usually do them as a last step, polishing if you will. It would be nice to have an option to turn them off for the time being or atleast make the text smaller and not obstructive. Anything you click makes those messages reappear and when doing cutouts for example you need to wait for the text to disappear to even adjust the cutout.
Quote from Scawen :Is there a way to automatically fix them?

I have seen this message when the points are too close to each other or in the same place. To automatically remove such points in the blender, there is a merge by distance feature, you set the distance yourself and all points less than this distance will merge.
Attached images
NgWBBC9-6aU.jpg
I guess that bad normals appear when the edges of tris are too close to each other, that gives you a sort of degenerate triangle...
Sometimes its hard to find what triangle is causing the bad normal so an easy way to fix it is selecting the point were the red line starts and then pressing "select connected triangles" button. You must manually deselect the more visible tris and surely a smaller one will stay selected, like a thin line. Just delete it or try to change the way that its connected to the points.

An example
Attached images
lfs_00000017.jpg
lfs_00000018.jpg
lfs_00000019.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Is there a way to automatically fix them?

At first I wrote it as a joke, but as Aleksandr_124rus posted, merge by distance (0.0001 m) should fix them.

Code wise, I'm not sure how hard would that be - to add "fuse/merge by distance" option.
Could we have that accidentaly u load main object u can shft+z witch recalls the action, because i have lost my progress multiple times by wanting to load subobject file and misclicking on load main object and then your whole progress has been lost if u havent saved it and u cant shift+z it because that doesnt work
Usually "bad normals" are caused by triangles which are too tiny or too thin. The more annoying the reminder, the more likely modders will fix them before uploading the mod Tongue
Quote from Amynue :Usually "bad normals" are caused by triangles which are too tiny or too thin. The more annoying the reminder, the more likely modders will fix them before uploading the mod Tongue

If we are going in that route why just not make it so you can't export the mod for upload if the normals are bad? I would also apply this to triangle limit since you can have other configurations that are way off the 65k limit and you can still use it.

I would much rather have this than the constant annoying red text reminder that always pops up whenever you click something. I think the editor should be a fun environment rather than annoying one.
Quote from FIZ :Unfortunately I did not check the size of the folder before using the clean function.
Anyway leaving default settings, I mean the two flagged checkboxes, it cleaned 729 of 1454 saved mods.
The vast majority of them comes from that Test free drive server at Westhill where many people try many mods.. so the folder is very crowded Ya right
Removing also the mods that are never seen on replays would be nice to have.. yeah, but.. I think it is better instead to just "advertise" the clean function exposing the mods number and mods disk space used, maybe even inside the button "Clean":
< Clean 1454 mods | 10.5 GB >
While trying different servers, as I did, I am too amazed by how many mods "I" downloaded without even trying them once, so that mods folder may grow a lot without the user noticing it.
In my case, having good internet connection, the downloads were always very fast (FFTH, Italy - Rome) so I did not feel they were somewhat heavy.

IMHO I liked this general ideas, preventing stolen mods also

Buuuuut, for a slow speed internet connections like in here in my place, redownloading mods to be used on server you're joining again is quite painful waiting the download speed of it
Quote from ivancsx :...for a slow speed internet connections like in here in my place, redownloading mods to be used on server you're joining again is quite painful waiting the download speed of it

If your location is Indonesia, it would be great to have your feedback about the new system to make it faster to download mods.

We've had reports about slow downloads, and have tried to do something about it with a new global downloading system. But we have had hardly any feedback about the new system. In your case, if you enable the option, your mods should come from Japan which may be quicker than Rotterdam.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2041615#post2041615
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG