The online racing simulator
RX-7 FC3S for real drift competitions training (RDS GP)
I have an friend Vanya Godzilla who this year will participate in the RDS GP, wich is considered one of the strongest drifting championships in the world (about top 3. RDS, Formula Drift and Drift masters, these championships are about the same level), Godzilla with hes team has already started to build FC3S for this competition. At this time I start to make a mod in LFS for training on replicas of real tracks in LFS to train for drifting competitions.

If you turn on subtitles and automatic translation, most of what he says will be understandable

In fact, he had already trained in LFS for RDS in 2017 and according to him it helped him.

Drift competitions are different in that there are no restrictions on power or suspension, but there are many restrictions on the tire. The exact size, and last year they introduced a mono wheel and now all pilots must use the same brand that the organizers provide.

But unfortunately we don't have an endless budget and we will have a 2jz gte engine with 600+ hp.

The body is very rare for this type of competition, so there is no ready-made solutions and the engineer will come up with the suspension himself. The suspension for drifting is different in that it requires a large maximum lock of the front wheels.

Competition starts in May, and the car should be ready and tested before that, so I do not have so much time to model a mod from scratch and I took the help of Rubie, and thanx to him I could use DORITO-FC7 D mod as a base for creating my FC3S mod. Now I just had time to make in the blender exactly the same widebody as the real one that will be used in the competition. But the most important thing is the physics and the suspension.

It's a very strong drift championship with big budgets and very strong drivers and the fastest tracks in the world in this kind of motorsport. And Godzilla lacks experience and he will have a relatively non-powerful car on a rare body that will take some getting used to. It will be a tough challenge for us, but we are not discouraged and will try to do our best.
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2023-02-02 152336.png
yszppyVNZhk.jpg
KNJVvQ8diFE.jpg
Some update
Attached images
qx1YA7UhZ-A.jpg
_BVNJOJ6cEA.jpg
a2xHAZjDV7U.jpg
bI9c1fwjInI.jpg
If you have a question about the engine and why it runs so weird, it is important to understand that the real car has a 2JZ GTE, a typical aspect of 2JZ is that it does not have much torque at mid rpm, and you need to make a clutch-kick to start drifting.

I found a dyno graph with a 2JZ with about the same power as will be used in the real world, and pasted the values into the LFS Editor and made the graph similar to the one in the real world. And the result is as it should be. Idle speed according to the graph is 2400 rpm. Engine gets a noticeable push after 5,000 rpm. In reality, 2JZ does not go in a slide on soft semi-slicks after increasing the gear because it rests in the middle rpm.

So it's not a bug, it's a feature.
Attached images
g502yjjdtHA.jpg
Безымянный.png
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :If you have a question about the engine and why it runs so weird, it is important to understand that the real car has a 2JZ GTE, a typical aspect of 2JZ is that it does not have much torque at mid rpm, and you need to make a clutch-kick to start drifting.

I found a dyno graph with a 2JZ with about the same power as will be used in the real world, and pasted the values into the LFS Editor and made the graph similar to the one in the real world. And the result is as it should be. Idle speed according to the graph is 2400 rpm. Engine gets a noticeable push after 5,000 rpm. In reality, 2JZ does not go in a slide on soft semi-slicks after increasing the gear because it rests in the middle rpm.

So it's not a bug, it's a feature.

It's pretty obvious that there is a problem with the engine because torque graph wasn't replicated correctly.
Your engine has almost 0 horsepower and torque until 2500rpm. Not sure about idle rpms but it seems like 3500 is too high, this can be the answer why car just don't accelerate from rolling start.

Model looks good, maybe needs some small things in interior, but i hope you will fix the engine
Attached images
IMG_20230220_191234.png
IMG_20230220_190855.jpg
Quote from iiiiil :It's pretty obvious that there is a problem with the engine because torque graph wasn't replicated correctly.
Your engine has almost 0 horsepower and torque until 2500rpm. Not sure about idle rpms but it seems like 3500 is too high, this can be the answer why car just don't accelerate from rolling start.

Model looks good, maybe needs some small things in interior, but i hope you will fix the engine

Oh shit, i noticed that red numbers are horsepower and i look on the line of the 0 on red numbers and not on dash one... There are no numbers on the LFS graph and I was in a rush when I did it, and screwed up a little.
Ill fix it now.
Done, change published. Now it looks like that, it hard to manipulate with torque line along with horsepower in this graph editor.
Attached images
IvGHJbdYElI.jpg
Engine feels like 10% better. It still has like no power at the bottom, need to dump the clutch to take off. Also no feel on the wheel… car should have about +6.5-7.5 degrees of front Caster. So I can’t really drive it yet.. .
Car looks great other wise!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG