The online racing simulator
there is a problem with mine, idk if its my laptop or the files. I followed all the steps also in the video. changed the controls file, /insim 29999, ive done everything but the only thing that works is light assist. hide mouse wont even work. please help ;-;
Quote from subUwU :there is a problem with mine, idk if its my laptop or the files. I followed all the steps also in the video. changed the controls file, /insim 29999, ive done everything but the only thing that works is light assist. hide mouse wont even work. please help ;-;

Edit: I just had a look at your post in the other thread. I believe it is probably due to the cfg.txt file. Either you didnt save it after editing, or you accidentally edited OutSim and not OutGauge. If you could attach it, i can take a look Smile.

Hi there, could you describe the issue a little more?

Can you also attach your cfg.txt from the lfs folder maybe?

Which controller type do you use (mouse, keyboard, or wheel)?

If i have the info i might be able to fix your problem Smile
Hey everyone,

i made a short little trailer for the new version i have been working on. This is just a very tiny fraction of the things that are added/improved.

I think i am able to publish the first beta of the new version soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNp5RR97Fro

Enjoy Smile

PS: If you got any suggestions, or things you want to see in the new update, let me know Wink
Hey! I have an issue with the collision prevention. It shows me the red symbol on the screen, but it doesn't slow my car down. Any help?
Quote from drifter811 :Hey! I have an issue with the collision prevention. It shows me the red symbol on the screen, but it doesn't slow my car down. Any help?

Hi there,
That is most likely due to a wrong setting in the controls.txt file - or your method of control is not supported (which is not likely tho).

Did you set everything in controls.txt?

If yes - what type of controller do you use?
Quote from Rob2003 :Hi there,
That is most likely due to a wrong setting in the controls.txt file - or your method of control is not supported (which is not likely tho).

Did you set everything in controls.txt?

If yes - what type of controller do you use?

I'm fairly sure I set everything right in the. txt. I'm using a mouse with keyboard for throttle and brake.
Quote from drifter811 :I'm fairly sure I set everything right in the. txt. I'm using a mouse with keyboard for throttle and brake.

Ah well, but there we have it... It's a issue on my side. If you have set "mouse" controls in LFS, my program assumes that you use mouse left and mouse right for throttle and brake. Obviously it should also consider other keyboard bindings.

I am working on a new version, it'll be fixed as soon as possible!
Quote from Rob2003 :Ah well, but there we have it... It's a issue on my side. If you have set "mouse" controls in LFS, my program assumes that you use mouse left and mouse right for throttle and brake. Obviously it should also consider other keyboard bindings.

I am working on a new version, it'll be fixed as soon as possible!

Thanks for the info! Good luck with the updates!
@Rob2003 Any information about the releasing date? Had been in some hard times with crashes as my reflexes are quiet bad.
Quote from Countess :@Rob2003 Any information about the releasing date? Had been in some hard times with crashes as my reflexes are quiet bad.

Well actually, yes i can give you some news. As you know, I've been working on a complete rewrite anddd it seems like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I think i should be able to release a beta version within the next two weeks (which probably will still have a few bugs, but in general it should work much more stable than the current version with 0.7E)

Sorry, that it takes so long, University, Work... yk just the typically stuff that keeps you busy.
NEW VERSION ALPHA
Hey everybody,

I knowww its been a while, but I think, I am at a point with the new version where I can let you guys try out some stuff.

Therefore, you can find the new version on Google Drive now ("PACT Driving Assistant 2 (ALPHA 1).zip").

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Byr4onJvHW1MP7zCei0HUgOUG9t5R_Dl?usp=sharing

Please read through these notes before testing:

This is a very early version of a complete rewrite of my program (which i have spent too much time on but thats a story for another day haha)

Therefore, some features will not work or work only partly (Yes, i will fix them, but i dont think they are so dramatic that i need to keep the version from the public still):

These include:
- A custom made gearbox setup for the automatic gearbox is not automatically saved permanently. You can however manually edit the text file where "known cars" are saved, any then you'll be able to load a gearbox setting without setting it up every time. (PACT Folder -> data -> gearbox.txt).
- You CAN add multiple gearbox - settings, for example for different setups for each car. (Not more than 5 for now). For that, go to PACT Folder -> data -> gearbox.txt and add a second CARNAME_SETUPNAME to the list. I have added a second setup for FZ5, so you guys can just copy that, so not much brain power needed haha.

Obviously make sure to keep the spaces and basic layout of the file like it was before, otherwise it cannot be read by my program...

- You can change most key bindings in the Menu, however multiple character stuff like axis "12" for braking, is not yet supported, please use controls.txt for that.

- Parking emergency brake does not yet work.

- Bus Simulation does not yet work properly.

- The automatic siren and suspect tracker do not yet work. However siren and strobe do work, but need to be operated using the buttons. (Collision warning and stuff like that will of course also be turned off in cop mode). And the siren will automatically switch to fast siren if there is a lot of traffic around.

- There is no automatic indicator turnoff yet.

- There is no ACC yet.

- And i am sure you guys will find a bunch of bugs, that i haven't noticed yet, since i did only the very minimum for testing the program, because i really wanted it released.

- I didnt test a lot for mouse/keyboard users yet, but ill add everything thats missing in the next version.

Only german and english are fully supported languages for now, with the others you will just see default strings, where there is no translation for now.

If you happen to find any bugs, issues or just have a suggestion for improvement, please let me know here, i really appreciate the feedback!!

If an update is available (and the code i have written does what it is supposed to) you will also be notified in game!

I hope you have fun playing around with the new version.

Have a nice sunday guys!
Hey Ladies Wink,

as this was requested by some of you. There is now a standalone Version for only Siren/Strobe.

For now thats the only thing it does. Ill add all of the other Cop functions like automatic siren activation in chase or automatic fast siren in dense traffic at a later date.

So if any of you need that. Feel free to try it Smile.

If you encounter any bugs, feel free to report them here Smile.

Btw. For now it uses all available lights as standard. However, in the next version you'll be able to set which ones you want used.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Byr4onJvHW1MP7zCei0HUgOUG9t5R_Dl?usp=sharing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG