The online racing simulator
Quote from Facu23 :Speaking of mirrors. I remember back in 0.6b that we had the option to show all mirrors. Can we get this back? its pretty useful in cars that have side mirrors but no internal mirror (moden gt cars, prototypes, some supercars. they have internal virtual mirrors but i understand that's pretty hard to make it happen)

Nevermind, found the reason why it is not possible https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1911705#post1911705
Quote from Scawen :Can anyone else download that file? It works fine on my computer. It is a temporary download location, until the usual system becomes available.

Otherwise, can you try the in-game download? Click List of Hosts in LFS.

On Google Chrome clicking the link opens a tab that closes immediately, same thing goes with opening the link in a new tab, opening the link in a new window opens an empty page. Pressing "Save Link As" does work however.

€: The new link works without any ill effect.
OK, thank you, I'll update the first post.
Browsers generally won't allow you to "down protocol" for a lot of resources. Download links seem to be the worst ones because they just silently fail (in Chrome at least) but for things like images/script assets, it'll just display "not secure" or similar in the browser bar rather than the HTTPS "lock" (and potentially refuse to load them based on a bunch of different conditions)
id be great if we arent forced to update these small patches that change one or two meaningless things. again lost functionality to the "lfs companion"(and lfs lazy and detect&monitor) and gauges are good cause half the mods are ported from gta 4 mods and the interiors are missing proper gauges
not trying to be mean
(yes i know theres virtual gauge inbuilt but be real that looks like a placeholder tthat never got updated)
I prefer it if you don't tell me how to do my job. Nothing here is meaningless and I update because it is extremely important to check these changes thoroughly in the last few days before a massive update.

If you don't want to be involved in testing, don't download the test patch in the first place.

And when were you forced to update? Your whole post is rubbish.
you can just click cancel when the game asks you to update, it will still give you the server list
Quote from carreragt339 :you can just click cancel when the game asks you to update, it will still give you the server list

👏🏻👏🏻
Nice, tks Scawen. Just a question, and about the Sirocco? We still gonna have the car in futures updates?
Quote from LuEnric :Nice, tks Scawen. Just a question, and about the Sirocco? We still gonna have the car in futures updates?

With the physics update, yes
/offtopic
Quote from Scawen :What method do you use to change views? I'm not getting this in single player.

I was in single player. changed views by pressing v.
Before that I turned on the extra lights and kept it on.
It replays the animation when changing between cockpit views and the subsequent views.

it's nothing significant. Just reported when I noticed it, that's all.
Thanks for the report. I would actually like to fix it. It's just that I can't seem to make the same thing happen.

I do this:
- single player at autocross in karobus
- type /light extra on
- doors open
- then whatever I do they just seem to stay open (as I expect)

I still hope to find out what we are doing differently that makes the doors open again unexpectedly, because it's not intended that that should happen.

The only thing I see that might be unexpected, the doors close when I press space to reset, but that is actually expected. Big grin
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the report. I would actually like to fix it. It's just that I can't seem to make the same thing happen.

I do this:
- single player at autocross in karobus
- type /light extra on
- doors open
- then whatever I do they just seem to stay open (as I expect)

I still hope to find out what we are doing differently that makes the doors open again unexpectedly, because it's not intended that that should happen.

The only thing I see that might be unexpected, the doors close when I press space to reset, but that is actually expected. Big grin

That's cool, hopefully it will work.
Btw I had an idea to do the muffler vibration after ignition. I made it via spinner with the axis of rotation along the muffler with a small offset, but it dont working well, because my muffler is textured and the rotation is noticeable. It would be cool if the slider would have a constant repeat position function, so that you could make the vibration. It would also be convenient if it were possible to adjust the oscillation frequency.
Quote from redbot_ :Here is a clip showing it.

https://streamable.com/8d0ipx

It's strange because I just don't see that happening. Does anyone else get this bug?

This seems unlikely but do you have any other sort of plugins running that do something with LFS graphics, via memory hacks?

Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :Btw I had an idea to do the muffler vibration after ignition.

At this stage I can't do any more such requests. Release is this weekend and I've already cut it fine for testing. Also I am very tired.
Quote from Scawen :At this stage I can't do any more such requests. Release is this weekend and I've already cut it fine for testing. Also I am very tired.

This is completely okay, you have already made so much needed improvements in this test patch that will greatly improve default cars, mods and LFS Editor! It's a great work, I think everyone agrees that you deserve to take some time off and do something you want to do besides constantly coding some uptades for LFS. Thank you for your work!Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch D60

Graphics:

Support for stretched tyres (when rim is wider than ideal)

Commands:

/key command accepts 12 keys described by a word (see Commands.txt)

Misc:

Updated document Commands.txt (in docs folder)

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005

Doors were previously opened in modes. Now when I leave PIT the doors come open and close immediately. It doesn't open anymore. Is this a bug or an edit? https://youtu.be/X5ycW1N638M
Quote from RealistAdam :Doors were previously opened in modes. Now when I leave PIT the doors come open and close immediately. It doesn't open anymore. Is this a bug or an edit? https://youtu.be/X5ycW1N638M

Your video is so confusing all it does it split my head open.

Maybe it's something to do with the bug that redbot found?

Can you tell me a *very simple* way to see the bug?

You know, like

- enter screen
- click this
- do that
- exit screen
- click this
- look at that (looks like bug)

You know what I mean, I'm very tired, I need a step-by-step guide to see a bug, then I can fix it.
I contacted the mod creators. They changed the commands themselves. I'm sorry for making you tired of words.
Thanks, I'm really tired of being awake too much and working too long.

Still, I can't understand why doors are opening and closing in the garage screen or unexpectedly in game. I still haven't seen any of these bugs.

The key is:

- If I can reproduce a bug, then I can fix it
- If I cannot reproduce a bug, then it's unlikely I can fix it
Headmaster Scawen would it be possible for us to get something like digital mirrors for lfs, example have a camera(maybe a invisable box for the reflection) outside the door and a display(a mapping) inside the door
Well, that would take a few weeks, and the release is this weekend, so no.

That is something to do when I only have to work on one version of LFS,

By the way, can you tell me where I asked for random off topic requests on the test patch thread? I thought it was pretty clear what a test patch thread is about. Some people seem to have great difficulty understanding.
Just now I noticed that when you turn on the low beam, the headlights open, this is great news, against this background I would really like to see the opportunity to create a rear axle for jeeps/trucks that will move along with the rear suspension, alas, it will probably not be possible to make a dependent rear suspension due to physics requirements, but for cars with high ground clearance this would be necessary)
I hope this idea will be included in the collection of things that can be improved.
All I can do is ask once again, what I posted above.

Quote from Scawen :Now, in the last day of coding, I am doing a few safe remaining things.

Normally I request for people to avoid spamming me with the same reports they already made before.

That still applies, but in the case of actual bugs or anything that we would regret not fixing before this weekend's release, please do tell me if I seem to have missed or forgotten anything.

It means, if there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM please tell me about it.

It doesn't mean, ask me in the final day before release, things which would take several weeks to do.

Please, people, stop this, you are driving me insane. Frown

EDIT: For 12 days I have worked 12 to 16 hours a day coding, please try to understand.
Can we get launch control and torque converter automatics? That would be tight.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG