The online racing simulator
New Add-Ons
(5 posts, started )
New Add-Ons
Hi, I've been playing LFS for quite a while and more often since I bought S3 plus a steering wheel. For a 20 years old game, I think this is the only game that knows EXACTLY what to give to new comers a head start for Sim Racing and/or IRL Racing. Although I kinda wanted to see more and more content in this game because I feel the list looks small but is a good one, so here's my suggestion (you can judge by will):

- New vehicle categories such has Muscle Cars, actual Rally Cars (with point to point rally tracks of course), Trucks, and the list could go on;

- Weather so we could face more challenges like visibility being limited, road conditions like aquaplaning (a layer of water on the road to make your traction/driving a living hell) and tweak wind because if I activate strong wind the AI won't race;

- Driver suits could have the same treatment like liveries and helmets because I saw the community sharing their suits and it's amazing;

- Driver animations is not exactly a problem, but, could the feet and shifting animation be present by option?;

- Pre made AI (Having already AI drivers present in game besides creating ours)

So there you have it, it looks like I'm asking to much but this is a suggestion and an opinion on what I would like to see and I would be happy to see what do you think on having these suggestions and sharing yours too. Smile
Quote :- New vehicle categories such has Muscle Cars, actual Rally Cars (with point to point rally tracks of course), Trucks, and the list could go on

Please check the mods section - the list is slowly filling up with many different vehicles already. It will take some time to have quality cars in each category,but community guys are surely working on it.
Quote :- Weather so we could face more challenges like visibility being limited, road conditions like aquaplaning

Devs are currently working on graphics update,which will bring real time lighting with changing conditions (day-night),that will replace current simple pre-baked lighting. Let them finish that first and see what's coming in future,but that's surely a step towards changing weather conditions,including rain and realistic wind.
Quote :- Driver suits could have the same treatment like liveries and helmets

True,that would be a nice addition,wondering why it wasn't done already before,should not be too much work compared to more complex updates coming in future.
Quote :- Driver animations is not exactly a problem, but, could the feet and shifting animation be present by option?

That would be problematic as software does not know when you will shift! You could program that driver animation would put hand on shifter when closing to shift point,but how would the software know when you plan to stretch as you're closing to turn already or if you would short shift. Reacting on already done shift would but just too late and unrealistic. So I don't see a way to show correct shifting. Shrug
Quote :- Pre made AI (Having already AI drivers present in game besides creating ours)

Huh? What do you mean? Names? I'm sure that would be the lowest priority update anyway as AI is just a practice buddy for casual offline training,as online mode is the focus of this sim.
Quote from PANDA9915 :- Driver suits could have the same treatment like liveries and helmets because I saw the community sharing their suits and it's amazing

Quote from Eclipsed :True,that would be a nice addition,wondering why it wasn't done already before,should not be too much work compared to more complex updates coming in future.

According to Scawen's ideas after the big update
Quote from Scawen :[...] other graphical things like improved skinnable drivers, [...]

So that seems to be covered/planned/in the afterburner.
Aftermarket parts + Airio instead of restriction? Sry to rob yout post but I didn 't saw anyone mentioning it so far.
Rally cars we can already have them with mod support Smile
But I think we could have Rallyng betting in LFS similar to what we see in other Rallyng games.

I believe if LFS bets on the Rallyng we can have a big surprise because the LFS even in the Rallyng manages to have good physics.

For example, why not have more special terms where we can use Gravel floors?

And why not also have road changes as happens in reality caused by the passage of cars through the special (whether Rallyng or RallyCross) .

Small details can make LFS very interesting, this is of course speaking after these current updates that are currently being worked on.

I think that several changes could be made next and new pioneering bets on SimRacing Smile and I believe that LFS can very well surprise a lot of people in the coming years

New Add-Ons
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG