Mouse Wheel for gear shifting works not good?
When i use the mouse wheel for shifting, i have to release the throttle or the shifting will be impossible. When i use buttons instead of the mouse wheel, i can shifting with full throttle. Accelerating is very much more effective when shifting with full throttle is possible and the Mouse Wheel is just the best shifter if you dont have a wheel. Is this a bug or a feature?
Did you try in the same car?
Depending on the car and clutch it is normal that you have to release the throttle.
Maybe pressing(holding) a button gives a longer input than a turn of the mouse wheel?
Quote from Gutholz :Maybe pressing(holding) a button gives a longer input than a turn of the mouse wheel?

No. I made it with "Virtual Controller" now and give the release trigger with the joystick button 2. A Mouse Wheel is like a Axis and have no release trigger. With VC can u change a axis in a button, but then works the release not and without release LFS think that the button holding and it works not. If using Iverted Button you need 2 mousewheel raster for one shifting.

Anyway. it have nothing to do with the time of holding, because it works also when i press my release-button (Joystick2) permanent and then use the MouseWheel, the virtual Button will just be pressed very short, extremely short.

In the old LFS works shfting with the Mousewheel and full throttle. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1891495#post1891495

Edit:I use now again the Joystick Buttons for shifting, because i dont want press always the Release-Botton and it worked sometimes not properly. My old Logitec extreme 3d was broken and my new joystick have not enough buttons, but i use anyway this 2 buttons on top. The Joystick is for me only throttle and brake and watch out. In an other driving simulator i use the mouse wheel for shifting and this 2 buttons need i there for watch out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG