The online racing simulator
#1 - revo
Any possible way to split up Z axis on gamepad? (Logitech f310)
Hey fellow Live for Speed player's.

I have recently started getting back into Live for Speed, what a fun game, the mods are so much fun to play.

I'm having good fun using the Logitech f310 I recently acquired.

The one issue I found is with the trigger buttons. If the triggers are assigned to throttle and brake they can't be pressed simultaneously because they both share the same Z axis. If both triggers are pressed at the same time their values go to 0 which means no throttle or brake. It's possible to play like this but it isn't desired as it is a racing simulator sometimes you want alittle brake applied with the throttle.

I have searched quite abit but haven't found any simple fixes for this problem. I have came across some third party software and driver fixes for this but I'm not really comfortable trying them for various reasons. This - + Z axis trigger problem seems to be quite a big issue for alot of gamepad users, specifically for driving games.

I would think that the game developers could implement this fix into the game but if they ever will is another question.

So anybody have anything to share regarding this issue? I regret to say but I don't think there is much that can be done about this issue right now.

Currently I'm using right trigger as throttle and right stick as brake (forward) and clutch (right) with left stick as steering (left to right) and e brake (pull back)
L1 is shift up and R1 is shift down. Unfortunately because of this issue left trigger isn't assigned to anything.

Please share your comments regarding this

Thanks!

Edit #2- I should say that I'm using Xinput mode as opposed to Directinput. The Triggers are turned into button's in Directinput mode.
#2 - BeNoM
There is an option in LFS settings for that.
You have to set throttle and brake to "seperate axes" instead of "combined axis."
Without looking I am not 100% where to find it but it is there somewhere.
However with some controllers it is impossible when their hardware does not support to seperate the axes.
(There are some cheap wheels where the two pedals are actually hardwared as one axis)
#4 - revo
#5 - revo
Quote from Gutholz :There is an option in LFS settings for that.
You have to set throttle and brake to "seperate axes" instead of "combined axis."
Without looking I am not 100% where to find it but it is there somewhere.
However with some controllers it is impossible when their hardware does not support to seperate the axes.
(There are some cheap wheels where the two pedals are actually hardwared as one axis)

Yes, even with brake and throttle on separate axis it still won't work when using the Triggers as by default the Triggers share one big - to + axis. So as I was saying when you assign the default Triggers to brake and throttle you can't have both brake and throttle applied at the same time, if you press both triggers fully it will give a zero value which means no brake or throttle.

Thankfully BeNoM's solution fixed this issue perfectly.

Thanks for your comment

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG