The online racing simulator
"Lock race" - feature
(7 posts, started )
"Lock race" - feature
Maybe theres already some sort of function similar to this. Today when i raced, i was leading the race and the race was voted restart at lap 7/8 because of a crash. The next race theres a huge crash at the first lap, and my race is ruined. But, people deciede not to vote for restart.

How about a feature that can lock a race from restarting after a certain amount of laps/time, maybe after 75% of the race ? Maybe a lock could be voted down if it gets 100% votes. I think it would help improve the amount of honest races out there. Anybody agree ? Also, this feature could be customized by the host to deciede at witch lap to lock race and if you can vote it down etc.
#2 - joen
Totally agree. But make it obligatory, not a server option. I hate those whiners who start crying if their race was ruined. Ofcourse if their race is ruined, everybody has to restart. They start voting after T1, probably not able to comprehend that any vote will be automatically cancelled if the race is < 1 minute away.
Then they will be standing on the track somewhere whining and crying instead of just continuing to make the best of it. The funniest part that they will even keep trying untill the last lap of a race.
The way I would want it: no restart <1 minute (it already is like that), and no restart after 2 minutes have passed.
Don't even get me started on people that already vote for a restart when just 1/4 of the field has finished.

Sorry for the rant.
#3 - ajp71
I don't see the point in the minimum restart time limit. As for RS I totally agree that after x% it should be a 100% vote. I only normally vote for a RS when I've caused an accident and feel it's unfair on the people I took out.
#4 - Woz
I think once the race has started it should need all drivers on the lead lap to vote for a restart before the race restarts. All people in spectate should have restart disabled.
#5 - ajp71
:iagree:
#6 - joen
Quote from Woz :I think once the race has started it should need all drivers on the lead lap to vote for a restart before the race restarts. All people in spectate should have restart disabled.

Good points
#7 - jtr99
If you're actually in spectate mode, I think it's already the case that you can't vote for a restart. Don't you need to be in a car?

(Not that this would solve the problem. I agree that a 100% unanimous vote from all cars on the lead lap would be a great condition for restarts. I get tired of these whining babies. )

"Lock race" - feature
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG