The online racing simulator
aero graph in pits
(5 posts, started )
aero graph in pits
I couldnt find it in suggestions' log - I am quite new to S2 and I tried to go into downforce things and I think it could be more user-friendly. For now we have slider with speed (m/s) and drag forces as I reckon. I think its quite geek (good its not CGS or inch/oz/sec) - what about a graph with force/speed (km/h).
LFS has can rely on its sophisticated physics for good show off and it be done in user-friendly style.
+1
I don't think it would be that useful to be honest. Aero drag/downforce pretty much changes with the square of speed (ie double the speed, quadruple the drag/downforce) so the graph would just be a simple quadratic. The force/angle of attack function might be interesting to see, though at the moment it's linear.

What would be more useful, in my opinion, would be an arrow on the car showing the centre of pressure. You could then vary the speed slider and see how the aero balance changes.
Quote from StewartFisher :The force/angle of attack function might be interesting to see, though at the moment it's linear.

Wrong. (it's not linear)

Quote from StewartFisher :What would be more useful, in my opinion, would be an arrow on the car showing the centre of pressure. You could then vary the speed slider and see how the aero balance changes.

GRC does that (in it's own texty sort of way). (100% accuracy not yet guaranteed).
Quote from Bob Smith :Wrong. (it's not linear)

Got me on that one...I just checked the BF1 rear wing curve and there is a small amount of curvature at higher AOA. I seem to remember plotting some GTR data for patch P and thinking it was linear.

Quote :GRC does that (in it's own texty sort of way). (100% accuracy not yet guaranteed).

Yeah, I know that, but it would be nice to have 100% accuracy guaranteed, no?

aero graph in pits
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG