The online racing simulator
Hi all, new to LFS
(20 posts, started )
Hi all, new to LFS
I had been looking for a racing game to get into for a while now and had narrowed it down to LFS and Rfactor. Played the demo of LFS for a few days and I have to say I am very impressed with it so far and decided to purchase a licence yesterday. I look forward to some great online races once I do a bit of practice off line to learn the unlocked cars and tracks a bit more.
#2 - th84
You wont regret your decision! If great online races is what your looking for, LFS is the place!! Welcome to S2!
have fun all the cars and tracks have different personalities so it will take a long time to master them all
Master them ALL? That would take, like forever, I'm not even close to having tried them all, and have mastered even less (i.e. none).
i have only mastered 1 car/track combo in my 1 year of active playing, and that's Blackwood rallycross with XFG, and that's an easy combo....
Quote from Taavi(EST) :i have only mastered 1 car/track combo in my 1 year of active playing, and that's Blackwood rallycross with XFG, and that's an easy combo....

You should join the odd combo club! There is so much more to discover around here
So what would be the most popular car/track combos that are played online?
BF1 @ Oval (bleh)
GTRs @ Aston National
GTRs @ Blackwood

Guaranteed good racing there, but it gets boring after a while, hence the recent Odd Combo Club, and stuff.
yeah those are the 3 tracks i try to avoid

i recently started to learn aston club with the FOX and had some great racing there. violent but fun
Yes, I would add

FOX/AS Club

and

FOX/SO Classic

to that list above.

Thanks for the suggestions. Its good to know that I wont spend too much time getting up to speed on a combo that is hardly ever raced online
Generic, if you want to see what combos people are using, go to the LFS world web site and look up the online stats for a few randomly chosen users. You can choose between looking at people's personal best times (online) on each track, or the number of laps they have done on each track/car combo. I think my data shows a lot of time at AS Club in the FOX for example. Browsing a few different profiles should let you see where the action is. I think a lot of people are either open-wheeler people (FOX, FO8, BF1) or GTR people.

And I forgot to say: welcome and have fun.
#13 - joen
Welcome to LFS, I must say an excellent choice sir
Yup welcome to LFS
Yep ya made theright choice LFSA wins hands down

Pedal to the metal and enjoy
Generic_Racer : I'm curious what factor(s) made you choose LFS over all the other racing games that are available?
Quote from BuddhaBing :Generic_Racer : I'm curious what factor(s) made you choose LFS over all the other racing games that are available?

Well I narrowed it down to LFS and Rfactor as simbin games are not known for their good net code (Great single player though) and I didn't really consider any other games. I was not looking for the most "realistic" game but wanted a game that actually had a learning curve to get the most enjoyment out of and also a game that you couldn't drift or slide around corners and still be as quick as not sliding. I think the deciding factors between LFS and Rfactor was probably how good my momo felt when playing the demo of LFS (felt better than any other racing game I had tried without any setting up) and looking at the numbers of Rfactor players online with so many different mods I thought it would be rare to get a good race at any random time without joining a racing league (I cant commit to racing the same times each week etc)

The one thing I did notice in all of the forum comments that I read was this constant argument over which 'sim' (apparently they are not games anymore) was the most realistic. To me LFS didnt feel unrealistic and proper racing lines, throttle and brake control seemed to give better times and thats all I care about as far as realism goes.
Good choice Generic Welcome to LFS. We need some more Aussies

You'll find the ProRacingRoom is the most populated Aussie server. They usually run the GTR cars, but they change the combos quite regularly. If you're looking for a bit of drifting keep an eye out for the [Ts3]Drift server

Have fun, and i'll see ya online soon
You may find lots of MRT at South City Sprint 2 servers atm because the OLFSL is running it at their next race. It's a great combo and probably doesn't have as steep a learning kerb as the GTRs.
Welcome to Live for Speed.

Hi all, new to LFS
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG