The online racing simulator
Enforced rules
(6 posts, started )
Enforced rules
There are times in a league that a driver gets a penalty for whatever he did during last event and he's given a drive through or a stop & go. It would be nice if the host could 'mark' a driver, so he/she has to complete the penalty during the race or get disqualified.

Another thing that came to my mind after the DTM race at KY2 was that many drivers keep crossing the yellow line entering/exiting pits. There could be a host option to "enforce" not going over the yellow line at all, or you get a penalty. Its just you can gain so much time by getting full throttle in the oval from the infield and then braking just enough not to get a speeding in pits penalty.

Just my 2+2c.

PS. Oh, classic Le mans style starting grids would be great too.
You can't enforce crossing yellow lines on entering pits, AFAIK no real life race series enforces this... however exiting the pits is a +1 from me....

As for the stop+go and drive-through penalties, these can be given to the drivers in race by a race admin and the driver will see the message telling them they have to take the penalty, if they ignore this message and finish the race, they are DQ'd automatically
This is right after you exit the infield. You can see clearly where the yellow line starts, you gotta keep the car under it to enter the pits: thats what I want to be able to enforce: either you keep it legal or you get a pen.
Attached images
ky2.JPG
I know it's there, but IRL you can switch into the "Pit lane entrance" whenever you want, you are allowed to cross the yellow line as long as you car is inbetween the 2 whits lines as you cross the pit lane entance (Speed trap starts) - This is another Ferrari cheated for years, ut we won't go into that now!
Oh really? Didnt know that...seemed to me a bit dangerous since you may be crossing the oval from top to bottom to get into the pits.

Im not really into oval racing but something tells me you gotta keep it under the yellow at all times (in ovals/semi) when pitting in so you dont cause havoc by braking suddenly. Not sure on this, though...any americans around?
Very good point, I wasn't even thinking about oval races, you may well be right as certain oval's have a pit road, I was think of circuit racing (That this rule would affect, otherwise different codeing is need for tacks and ovals...)

Enforced rules
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG