The online racing simulator
#1 - neRu
OutGauge - when does it become popular?
I've read a bit about it now, and the more i read, the more i like it and its functions.

Just wondering, when will the programmers whom might be playing with it release something for us others non-programmers to use

Could be simple things (Well, i don't know how simple it might be afterall ) like a new style speedometer, or revcounter. I know, i know, thats ruining such a fine simulator, but with the opportunities of modding, why not try it? I mean, each car is individual, but the gauges aren't. Right now, I really wish i could find out how to make programs
#2 - Vain
MOMO LEDs is a program that works via OutGauge.

Vain
#3 - neRu
Yeah - thats right. 1 program is out But i don't have a momo, i have a formula force, and I cant make it work with that. What i want is something more useful for everybody, not just momo-owners.
If you've got any ideas, feel free to suggest them. Its possible to overlay new clocks and stuff, on top of LFS, although it can be a little detrimental to the framerate.
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you've got any ideas, feel free to suggest them. Its possible to overlay new clocks and stuff, on top of LFS, although it can be a little detrimental to the framerate.

A simple program that can send outgauge data to paralell/serial port is posible? (shifter light, RPMs, tire temp, % fuel etc etc)

Then we can attach digital speedometer to paralell/serial ports, leds, LCDs etc etc etc..

sry for my english
thats the kind of software we need. the problem is more to do with finding/building hardware. and then sorting software to go with it.

there are some flight-sim cockpit panels and stuff available but they ain't cheap, just the control board (powers 10 or so servos) is about £50 and thats before you add the cost of the panel/cockpit itself

although a simple Printer port shift light would be simple to do
#7 - neRu
Will it be possible to control each pin seperatly in a serial port? I know there is a ground-pin or two, but the rest?
What if you made it so it puts out 5v on for example pin1, that could be shiftlight, pin 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 could be fuelgauge. Then you could get a hold of an old printercable, simply cut it over, messure out the wires, make your own board where you put in diodes, and then just wire the thing with the given function?

That will only be about 5-10£
Quote from neRu :Will it be possible to control each pin seperatly in a serial port? I know there is a ground-pin or two, but the rest?
What if you made it so it puts out 5v on for example pin1, that could be shiftlight, pin 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 could be fuelgauge. Then you could get a hold of an old printercable, simply cut it over, messure out the wires, make your own board where you put in diodes, and then just wire the thing with the given function?

That will only be about 5-10£

That is what i talking about, simple things so we can add a external shift light or a indicator led for LOW FUEL.. simple things
#9 - neRu
Now we just need programmers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG