The online racing simulator
LFS master server Problems?
(36 posts, started )
for around 2 weeks now lfs servers have been experiencing issues? have noticed most times i have been on everyone is timing out almost like someone is ddos the master server
i guess someone must realy hate this game
Quote from joemamaligmabll :i guess someone must realy hate this game

Even a 10-year-old child can do it, so not much is needed to make a child aggressive in my opinion.

The question is when will we get a better hosting system?
Quote from r3zp3k7 :Even a 10-year-old child can do it, so not much is needed to make a child aggressive in my opinion.

The question is when will we get a better hosting system?

mabie when we get the 2 tracks in development

or mabie never
Quote from r3zp3k7 :when will we get a better hosting system?

What exactly do you mean with "better hosting system"? A decenterized like it used to be,so the pirates can make a fake master server once again,earning money from LFS devs' work while devs are earning nothing from the pirated version users? Or do you have a better concept than current one?
Quote from Eclipsed :What exactly do you mean with "better hosting system"? A decenterized like it used to be,so the pirates can make a fake master server once again,earning money from LFS devs' work while devs are earning nothing from the pirated version users? Or do you have a better concept than current one?

So we either have two communities (legal and piracy) or none in this case? Yes, single player is not that bad, but I prefer staying online. You have to know where to draw the line in this life. I have nothing against the way things roll right now, but this hosting system needs improvements. Maybe more hosting servers, so fewer servers drop in LFS while these 'attacks' occur. Devs could mention the hosting server requirements, which are needed at this point and we could all search for cheaper hosting providers with good uptime stats, so more hosting quantity servers could be reached and fewer servers drop next time. This doesn't solve the issue, but at least it optimizes it.
Quote from Eclipsed :What exactly do you mean with "better hosting system"? A decenterized like it used to be,so the pirates can make a fake master server once again,earning money from LFS devs' work while devs are earning nothing from the pirated version users? Or do you have a better concept than current one?

I remember the days of Pereulok crack servers. Pereulok never made money on LFS. And Pereulok's connection quality was way better than LFS in 2022, which surprised me. There was a rumor that Pereulok takes LFS' audience away. But since Pereulok voluntarily shot itself down, i don't see much population online at official servers since then.
Not justifying crack servers, I just want to say that THIS conception seems to be fail either.
Just after retopology discussion...
#9 - gu3st
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :I remember the days of Pereulok crack servers. Pereulok never made money on LFS. And Pereulok's connection quality was way better than LFS in 2022, which surprised me. There was a rumor that Pereulok takes LFS' audience away. But since Pereulok voluntarily shot itself down, i don't see much population online at official servers since then.
Not justifying crack servers, I just want to say that THIS conception seems to be fail either.

Or the crack servers dragged away legitimate users whose "version" stopped working and then they found somethjing else instead.
Quote from NENE87 :Just after retopology discussion...

So you think it's one of our S3 users attacking servers? And my friends calls me a paranoid..Cool
I hope you're wrong.
Would Victor or Scawen know... Is it master server that is getting attacked, or is it EU server host that is getting attacked?

Would using version 0.6 of lfs avoid ddos attacks?
#12 - TAJM

Look at the picture! THIS is the topic, not piracy of game servers.
We have no choice and this is the reality.
Reality happens on a daily basis, several times a day.
Please don't come up with sympathy and loyalty, it's a technical issue.
"The pinnacle of hosting"
Attached images
0005.jpg
0004.jpg
0003.jpg
0002.jpg
0001.jpg
0006.jpg
Quote from TAJM :it's a technical issue.

DDoS is not a technical issue. It's a mental health issue by some numbwits with resources they should not have.

Reminder - hosting system which currently is active,is a result of piracy! If there would not been these fake master servers luring players away from legal LFS with their "free" service,then devs would not came up with this centralized hosting system,where attacks have influence to all hosts.
Nice conversation, but do you guys maybe know something about my question?

Are usa and sa servers affected too?
Are older versions affected too?
-
(fastranker1) DELETED by fastranker1
#15 - TAJM
Quote from Eclipsed :DDoS is not a technical issue. It's a mental health issue by some numbwits with resources they should not have.

Reminder - hosting system which currently is active,is a result of piracy! If there would not been these fake master servers luring players away from legal LFS with their "free" service,then devs would not came up with this centralized hosting system,where attacks have influence to all hosts.

We, S3 users cant enjoy our PAID presence in the multiplayer environment.
What is wrong with your eyesight?
You are acting like prefect for devs, which I don't care about.
I care about the game experience, not an explanation of the history around lfs.
Right here, right now.
Quote from NumberTwo :Are usa and sa servers affected too?
Are older versions affected too?

If master server gets attacked,then yes - you cannot connect to other locations and other versions (might still stay online). If the server of specific location gets attacked,in theory old version should work as it did in old times,and also other locations. But that's my assumption based on my logic - I do not know the actual server structure.

Quote from TAJM :We, S3 users cant enjoy our PAID presence in the multiplayer environment.
What is wrong with your eyesight?
You are acting like prefect for devs, which I don't care about.
I care about the game experience, not an explanation of the history around lfs.
Right here, right now.

I just explained simple facts. If you don't see the bigger picture,then the you're the one with problems of eyesight. But reading your "I don't care" and "I care about [ME]" this text is obviously a waste of time anyway...
#17 - TAJM
Quote from Eclipsed :If master server gets attacked,then yes - you cannot connect to other locations and other versions (might still stay online). If the server of specific location gets attacked,in theory old version should work as it did in old times,and also other locations. But that's my assumption based on my logic - I do not know the actual server structure.

I just explained simple facts. If you don't see the bigger picture,then the you're the one with problems of eyesight. But reading your "I don't care" and "I care about [ME]" this text is obviously a waste of time anyway...

Cool if You say so, still not talking about the picture which is affecting ALL S3 users NOW, but if you feel comfy stuck in the past, stick with it. With almost 25 years spent in the IT support field all, I can tell to you: there is a SOLUTION for this kind of TECHNICAL ISSUES, which aren't related to a debate about circumstances.
Not to mention that both of us are pretty old users of the sim, which is not operating properly nowadays. Focus on that part please, as this is the topic, so this is the theme of the CURRENT picture.
Quote from TAJM :With almost 25 years spent in the IT support field all, I can tell to you: there is a SOLUTION for this kind of TECHNICAL ISSUES, which aren't related to a debate about circumstances.

And yet you come here with texts where you state care only about your experience and post ABSOLUTELLY no suggestions about solutions. Shrug
#19 - TAJM
Quote from Eclipsed :And yet you come here with texts where you state care only about your experience and post ABSOLUTELLY no suggestions about solutions. Shrug

--->
Quote from NENE87 :Just after retopology discussion...

Read between the lines...
TAJM: As strange as it may seem, this simulator is not about a battle between customers and developers. We have always been part of the community and the whole idea is working with the community. It's about fun, racing, development.

I notice that that you have been posting a lot recently with anger and an unpleasant attitude. It's not a good way to get people on your side. If you aren't happy with LFS I suggest you do something else for a while. Anyway, for now I'll give you a one month suspension from forum posts to give us a little peace.
Quote from Scawen :TAJM: As strange as it may seem, this simulator is not about a battle between customers and developers. We have always been part of the community and the whole idea is working with the community. It's about fun, racing, development.

I notice that that you have been posting a lot recently with anger and an unpleasant attitude. It's not a good way to get people on your side. If you aren't happy with LFS I suggest you do something else for a while. Anyway, for now I'll give you a one month suspension from forum posts to give us a little peace.

Thank you Scawen!!!!
Maybe if someone can give an explanation about the current servers situation and why it still get attacked
Quote from Ayoub2016 :Maybe if someone can give an explanation about the current servers situation and why it still get attacked

That's what we'd all like to hear
Ask the attackers why they do it
Quote from Scawen :TAJM: As strange as it may seem, this simulator is not about a battle between customers and developers. We have always been part of the community and the whole idea is working with the community. It's about fun, racing, development.

Could you share if you know answers to my questions?

1. Would moving server to usa help?
2. Would using 0.6 version of lfs help?

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG