The online racing simulator
Quote from unseen :Alright, here`s a couple of early screens from Autocross to keep everyone happy...

a year and a half and autocross still isnt done!

slackers
Meh. Funny you should be mentioning that. Just this morning I`ve been replacing the ground lines, kerbstones/outer wall, the roof arial, and remade the uni sign frame. Oh, I also replaced the little flowers on the grass with much better looking ones

Might have actually arrived a long time ago, but I really haven`t played LFS for months. Kinda lost interest a long time back.

....and the autox is only mine, Kar hasn`t got anything to do with it, so the lateness is only down to me
Great News, now got back to work and finish Fern Bay and South City :P
I have to say, this pack brings my LFS to life, along with some Gill4Life engine sounds and those Skid/Scrape/Wind V2 sounds, i feel like playng LFS S3...
True story.

Keep up the good work.
What kind of specs do U need to get decent FPS on a full grid?

Edit: has no impact at all in my case
So nice job man im loving this cant wait for the So version and fernbay
unseen will you hurry up with autox, and kar finish the fern bay!
We're not doing any more textures, atleast I'm not. Unseen may still be working on AutoX from time to time, but he rarely plays LFS these days.

Sorry about that.
Well I guess we will just have to pray that Eric works some miracles soon and they release a new patch.
Thanks for the good work anyway. Makes LFS looks much more attractive.
Why LFS developers don't want to include such a good work like these textures into their patches?
Because the game is 130mb and just EK's textures are 130mb... ???
Quote from Riders Motion :Because the game is 130mb and just EK's textures are 130mb... ???

Hardly a problem in this day and age of most people on broadband is it?
Well I think the reason why we dont have HQ textures already is obvious, but I'll keep that for me.
Quote from The Moose :Hardly a problem in this day and age of most people on broadband is it?

Gotta think of the minority who do still use dialup.
Quote from beefyman666 :Gotta think of the minority who do still use dialup.

Why? Sorry to be harsh, but its tough tits to them. The overwhelming majority have half decent connection these days. It's still only an overnight download for those on dial up. I used to download gigs and gigs of stuff on dial up. We're talking less then 300 megs here

These great Hi-Res textures should come as part of the game.
Quote from The Moose :
These great Hi-Res textures should come as part of the game.

It could also increase downloaded times of LFS.
If they would be prepared to DL 130MB then 300MB is not much difference. No-one on dial-up will sit and wait for 130MB anyway. They would use a DL manager and let it sit overnight.

And playing LFS ONLINE (what it's designed for) on dial-up isn't really optimal anyway. After about 10 cars on track it gets pretty sketchy.

My guess is the textures will be redone eventually making the download twice as big anyway. Some of the the interiors, Blackwood and SouthCity were already redone at higher res. no?? This debate is off topic.

Thanks for all your hard work Electrik and Unseen.
-
(Riders Motion) DELETED by Riders Motion : ff
O hai EK and Unseen, where are the updates?
I must say ive gave this pack another chance after i found nhancer.

And no FPS drap what so ever im loving this i can judge my braking zones better and my race line.
Im truly loving this
do you guys have before and after shots?? to really compare the difference between the two?

please?
same here i did a fresh install of the demo and used the updated demo texture pack and couldnt tell a bit of difference.

the screenshots posted look quite a bit different.

i followed the very straight forward copy and paste instructions too ??
ok,

completley deleted folder for dds and pic.

then copied dds and pic to LFS folder.

as its loading it says "cant open.. " etc.. to all files

is it a vista permisions thing or what

why when i replace the files does nothing happen and why when i delete original LFS folders then create new folders in LFS data does it not open the files

Quote from phill1978 :ok,

completley deleted folder for dds and pic.

then copied dds and pic to LFS folder.

as its loading it says "cant open.. " etc.. to all files

is it a vista permisions thing or what

why when i replace the files does nothing happen and why when i delete original LFS folders then create new folders in LFS data does it not open the files

What you do is:

1) keep the original dds and pic folders

2) back those two up

3) take the high-res zip file and put the files from the dds and pic folder in the ones that are in the data folder

4) overwrite the old files with the new ones you´ve put in

5) profit
Quote from Deutschland2007 :What you do is:

1) keep the original dds and pic folders

2) back those two up

3) take the high-res zip file and put the files from the dds and pic folder in the ones that are in the data folder

4) overwrite the old files with the new ones you´ve put in

5) profit

done this and also with this Blackwood Hi-Res Textures (Feel The Speed in your Blood)

still nothing

is there anywhere i have to put the original folders ?

i arent missing anything.. i use winzip to extract to my downloads folder.. in the extracted folder there are 2 folders well theres an _alt one but i leave that alone. i copy both those folders into memory and paste into LFS data and overwrite the original folders

still nothing

latest LFS Demo, win vista 32 home.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG