The online racing simulator
so whats your hobby besides playing games?
(100 posts, started )
wow im so happy after 2 years i finally designed a working stable static inverted pendulum check it out:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/raaaid/perpmob.jpg

the weight in the sides counterweight each other so they are free to be moved, thing that when leaned the center weights does to make it imposible to fall over

i think ill be the first to do something alike i cant wait to build it and hang it on youtube
#77 - 5haz
Currently learning to play guitar, got fed up of Bass.

Flying sounds mega fun, allthough I'd much rather fly an Autogiro 'cos you can build one out of scrap metal, get the engine from a VW beetle and some rotor blades, and you have to be a complete nutter to crash one.
It really does make me wonder what possible use you'd have for an inverted pendulum, and therefore, why the hell you'd bother to make one

My hobbies:
  • Karting
  • Cycling
  • Editing screenshots/pictures with Photoshop
  • Computers
Actually, come to think of it, I don't have many hobbies :P. Although I suppose that's just as well otherwise I'd never fit them all into a weekend
Quote from JO53PHS :It really does make me wonder what possible use you'd have for an inverted pendulum, and therefore, why the hell you'd bother to make one

Due to a flaw in his understanding of physics Lerts thinks he has descovered perpetual motion. Currently i'm trying to work out why one of the weights on his diagram has negative G.
now im 100% sure this idea works though friction might do it difficult to build

im pretty sure also it doesnt exist and i think that if this simple idea is inexistent it can only have been supressed, though it took me 2 years to reach the idea im pretty thick someone must have thought of it before, and if its supresed it should be for being free energy

i just want a perpetuum mobil on my living room

edit:

the weights in the sides counterweight each other so one can be up and the other down, being the side weights exactly in balnce the slightest force of the middle pendulum will move them creatin when leaned a bigger righting arm
Quote from lerts :i just want a perpetuum mobil on my living room

Yes, I was thinking on the same... Damn, I really need a perme..something machine in the middle of my room. God, save me
#82 - 5haz
You've succesfully helped him hijack a thread.
Wow, a floating weight

I knew it was just a way to get his idiot-physics into a thread without it being locked.
Quote from 5haz :You've succesfully helped him hijack a thread.

Can you hijack a thread you started?
well thinking it farther im not sure it will work, so ill have plenty of fun still figuring out how to build the thing
oh im sure itll work brilliantly as long as you can figure out a simple way to generate antigravity
Hobbies include writing long winded blogs detailing what I've been getting up to, that no-one ever really reads.

Enjoy fiddling about with motorbikes, and strangely enough, my faviroute past-time is to actually spend 4 or 5 hours cleaning my bike. I know, I'm wierd. >_> As you may expect, I like riding

Apart from that, I guess being out with my mates is a pretty good way to spend the evening, occasional race on LFS (normally on CTRA :tilt

Listening to music is my 'normal' hobby, and I guess you could say at any one time I have about 5 or 6 genres in my playlist at any one time, from classic rock from the 60's, to modern R'n'B from 2008.

Making stuff is my fave thing to do, although the chance rarely appears noawadays, apart from helping my Dad out whenever he asks on his decking in the back-garden, or putting together garden furniture here at my place, putting together anything is an enjoyable thing to be doing!
Quad
Car
School
Job

In no particular order.
Hmm

Job
Drifting
Fixing the car when it ****s up
mountain biking
driving
booze
paintball
trolling paintball forums
friends
#91 - AMB
lerts
No longer welcome

Racername: g2565ºlockwormholeracer

Best News ever.
Well, great decision
Was he banned for being a bit weird and totally harmless?

There are dozens of us who have done more ban-worthy stuff than that.
He was...hopeless...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :He was...hopeless...

But still, he never bothered anybody. There are some people here who are consistently aggressive, rude and obnoxious towards other people and they're still here. Whereas Lerts just posted his half-baked ideas from time to time and he gets a ban.
Was a bit more than 'from time to time', Kev. I think out of seeing any 100 posts from him, maybe 15 were either legible or 'normal.'

The rest involved those crispy bikes that you and I know as G25 rotation, the others involved stuff about pendulums falling through worm-holes, and young sheep being born in a vacum (ok I made that bit up :razz
Quote from thisnameistaken :But still, he never bothered anybody. There are some people here who are consistently aggressive, rude and obnoxious towards other people and they're still here. Whereas Lerts just posted his half-baked ideas from time to time and he gets a ban.

He was pretty annoying sometimes, the reason he got banned is spamming I think. Maybe the admin who banned him will tell us the reason
I guess because he created threads which had no reason to be made in the first place and i am guessing he was given a couple of warning about it then push the mods to far with is last thread plus alot of people complaining about him.
#99 - th84
Quote from thisnameistaken :But still, he never bothered anybody. There are some people here who are consistently aggressive, rude and obnoxious towards other people and they're still here. Whereas Lerts just posted his half-baked ideas from time to time and he gets a ban.

Here here! I could name 20 or so people (without even thinking about it) who deserves a ban more than lerts did. I would even include myself within those 20 or so people.

FREE LERTS NOW!!!!
Quote from th84 :Here here! I could name 20 or so people (without even thinking about it) who deserves a ban more than lerts did. I would even include myself within those 20 or so people.

even though i generally agree with you hes no jb so despite the unfairness i still think it was the right decision when looked upon in isolation

so whats your hobby besides playing games?
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG